Chapter 3

*Prathap Pov*

"What are you doing?" I suddenly heard a voice and felt two arms circling me from behind.

"Planning a new dish for the launch of the new branch as I got some time now to do it." I replied and moved my lips to kiss her hand.

"You both are done with contract signing?" I asked closing the book and turned my chair to face her.

"Yes!" saying that she moved to sit on my lap and I held her in my arms smiling at her.

"Where is Kanika? Went to her room?" I asked glancing at the opened door.

"No! She needs to talk to her mentor and so she went to Vikranth's place after dropping me." She replied playing with my hair.

"Only she can use Vikranth's place as her working space." I mumbled shaking my head.

"Only you can use my place as working space too." She pointed out rolling her eyes.

I chuckled and moved to kiss her but she dodged asking, "Your Dad didn't contact you again?"

I sighed saying, "He didn't contact me and that is a surprise because I thought he would sit before my restaurant to force me to join GH."

"It's good! Maybe he understood his son's passion." She shrugged and I snorted because that will never happen.

For him protecting GH and Vikranth are more important than my passion for sure. Also, Vikranth will protect me, and then there is Ashok Uncle who will never force any of us to do anything for GH.

"Kanika will shift to that place soon after the renovating is done." She said sighing with a sad look.

"She needs her own space and even you need one." I pointed out.

"Are you talking about yourself?" She asked raising her eyebrow and I shrugged because I can't deny it.

No matter how much I respect Kanika now, I can't just be romantic with Anitha openly unless it is inside our room.

Even though, Kanika stays in her own room when I return, it was not comfortable and even she must be not comfortable with it.

"She can just stay in Vikranth's place." I mumbled to myself thinking about Vikranth's answer today when Shrishti and I asked him about what contract they both left to sign.

"That can happen in the future." Anitha replied and I immediately glanced at her in surprise.

"You know something!" I stated with an accusing tone and she shrugged smirking.

"Tell me!" I asked and pestered her but she moved to kiss me while stopping my questions and I am not complaining at all.

*Kanika Pov*

"Wow! You didn't just find a place to work but also a house for both of us." Han said after I explained everything during the zoom meeting.

"Yes! I went thinking only one floor can be used as a house and two floors can be used for work but after checking again, I felt two floors can be used for residential purposes and I thought if you don't have any accommodation then you can stay there." I explained and she nodded smiling.

She already stopped using a different voice and even turning on the camera for the past few weeks.

I can see that the hotel she is staying in is really not good. So, I asked her when is she going to come to the city.

"Maybe after the renovation is done. I don't have any place to stay in the city anymore." She explained and I frowned thinking how can I let her stay at such a place until then.