Chapter 4

*Anitha Pov*

"There is a gathering today evening among the GH members regarding the successful launching of the production house." Vikranth stated while staring at Prathap who is watching television silently.

"Is Kanika going to attend?" Prathap asked glancing at my friend who is sitting beside me and typing on her mobile to chat with her mentor.

"No! I need to go to the premise and check on the work." She replied not glancing up and he turned to glance at me to which I shook my head in negative.

I returned home a few hours back and I am trying to hold my sleep so that I can sleep early in the night.

"I am not going!" Prathap stated making Vikranth frown at him.

"You are not attending any events recently for the past few weeks." He complained to which Prathap pointed his finger at Kanika.

"She is also not attending any. Why should I attend?" He asked and I rolled my eyes at his logic.

"Because she is busy with her work otherwise she would have attended." Vikranth replied and Kanika paused her fingers from typing after hearing those words.

"Even I am busy working on the launch of a new branch." Prathap commented and Vikranth sighed rubbing his forehead.

"Excuse me!" I finally made a sound looking at Vikranth who glanced at me with a calm expression.

"What is it?" He asked waiting for me to continue.

"Why are you here?" I asked and everyone glanced at him along with Kanika.

I understand why is my boss coming to my place regularly unless Kanika visits his place. However, it still feels a bit weird to see him like this and not actually talk to Kanika whenever he is here.

It feels more like friends gathering than an Ex-husband trying to win his Ex-wife over. He glanced at me and then moved his eyes to stare at Kanika.

"As per our new contract, he placed the rule that I have to meet and talk to him at least once a day." Kanika explained and I immediately smiled looking at Vikranth.

"No bad, Vikranth! You are not a lost case." Prathap said slapping on his shoulder before he directed his gaze towards me.

"Let's sign a contract with such rule." He added smiling at me.

"Are you mad? You know unless I am not available in the city due to work, we are always attached to each other." I said shaking my head and he sighed hearing my words.

"I want to take a nap before dinner. Do you want to?" I asked standing up while staring at Prathap.

"Sure!" saying that he switched off the television and we both walked to our room.

"You just said that to give them space, right?" He asked as we lay down on the bed.

I smiled before leaning over to hug him while saying, "No! To give ourselves some space."

"Are you going to sleep?" He asked trailing his fingers over my cheek.

"No! I planned to not sleep until dinner to set my sleeping pattern before I go for the next schedule." I replied smirking and laughed as he suddenly leaned over me after hearing those words.

"You locked the door?" I asked in between the kisses.

"I never forget to do that." He replied covering my lips again and whispered, "I missed you for the past week."

"Me too!" I whispered circling my hands around his neck and kissed him back.

I can't escape the schedules where I have to stay away but I am lucky that he doesn't mind them at all and is always waiting for my return.