Chapter 26

*Kanika Pov*

"You had dinner?" I asked after a few minutes passed and we are still standing there hugging each other.

"No! What about you?" He asked while I let him go.

"No! Why don't I prepare something for us?" I asked checking the time and wondering whether there are any ingredients available in his kitchen.

"There is nothing in the house as I am not eating food here. I will just place an order for us." Saying that he took out his phone while I frowned at him.

"Why are you not eating at the house? The helper is hired to even cook, right?" I asked after he placed the order.

He stared at me and just gave a smile but didn't answer. He then moved to leave the room saying, "I will go and freshen up."

I stood there in silence and then moved to freshen up myelf. If he doesn't want to talk about it, I will just ask the helper about this issue.

When the food arrived, we both had dinner in silence while I tried to observe the surroundings and found not many differences from the time I left.

Also, as he said there is nothing in the kitchen like not even normal groceries. What was he doing all these months here?

Is it like this recently or from the time I left the place? I sighed washing the plate and walked outside to find him sitting on the couch and turning on the television.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked reaching his side.

"Ms. Shalini's drama will be telecasting from today. I will just watch the episode and check for any issues." He replied and moved to let me sit beside him.

As I saw him typing on his phone while watching the episode, I sat beside him in silence and concentrated on the show.

Wasn't he going to stay at my place? Then he wouldn't have been able to watch this at all. Then why is he doing work now?

"What do you think of this character?" He suddenly asked and I glanced at him before giving a brief commentary.

"It will be good for her image, right?" he continued and I nodded while discussing about other characters that are from his agency.

After the episode is over, I heard him calling Jay and saying, "Contact Shalini's manager to make sure she doesn't accept all kinds of interviews. Also, try to find if there are any guest appearances needed for the show. We can include Anny or even Lucky if possible."

I frowned and then asked him, "They have to go to the states if they get a role, right?"

That is what will happen as this show is from abroad and if Anitha gets a role, then she has to travel there.

"Yes! She is recently getting offers as her show is still in talks. However, she asked for some time for a full show. So, I am trying to get her small roles in the meantime to keep her name flowing and also Lucky is also wishing to get a role there." He explained and I nodded as I shouldn't say anything else.

No matter what Anitha is his artist and I shouldn't get involved too much in all this. He switched off the television before glancing at me.

"Do you remember how we spent when Anny's show was broadcasting?" He asked and I nodded as I felt like we were back to the past with the way he was asking things today.

"I stopped watching shows and movies after you moved out as I don't understand everything much and so just concentrated on the ratings and reviews from others." I stared at him in shock after hearing such things from him.