Chapter 45

*Vikranth Pov*

I stared at the message in silence before glancing at Jay who is standing near the table waiting for my instructions.

"Sir?" He called as I just kept staring at him.

"This got published in the company bulletin?" I asked in a calm tone.

He nodded saying, "It was and also a few media houses got the news. We are getting calls and they are already here outside the company."

"Make sure they do not disturb the work of the employees." He nodded but continued to stand there.

"Go! Inform the security and call for backup." He again nodded before walking out of the cabin.

I sat there for a few more seconds and dropped the phone on the table. I stood up and left the cabin in a daze.

I found everyone picking the calls they are receiving and no one observed that I am passing them.

All this is happening because of my issues. I thought staring at them and took the stairs instead of the elevator to not disturb them more.

As I climbed down the stairs, I reached the back entrance and found a few security members standing there.

They all greeted me and I nodded walking out of the back gate. Taking a cab, I went directly to the place where I have to go right now.

When I reached the house, I stayed outside for a few minutes and then walked inside to find him calling someone with a frown.

He glanced up hearing a sound and asked, "You are here? Everyone is searching for you."

He put the phone down and added, "Call them and inform that you are fine."

I didn't say anything and sat down on the chair near to his before saying, "I am sorry for disappointing you, Dad."

"What?" he asked hearing my words.

"I promised to always take care of GH and I did everything I could but ended up damaging it with my past. I am sorry!" I repeated.

"This is not your fault. You are CEO of GH and no one can question that." When I heard those words, I glanced up in surprise.

"Why?" I asked frowning at him.

"What Why?!" he asked back.

"I was brought here to repay in his place and now that brought trouble. Why aren't you blaming me like always, Dad?" I asked even though I had a few doubts recently that there is something more to his behavior.

"Blaming you? When did I do that?" He again asked back.

"Also, I brought you to repay? You came with me to repay." He added and I frowned hearing my words.

"All this time I thought you hate me for what happened in the past and just bearing me because I can repay." I stated staring at him.

"I do not hate anyone. I can't hate anyone." He explained.

"You clearly brought me here to make me repay. You said those words and how you won't spare me if I betray you similar to him. You said all those words." I couldn't help but raise my voice as his words are still ringing in my ears to this day.

He stared at me in silence for a few seconds before saying, "I said those to save you."

"What?" I asked frowning at him as I am not understanding what is he trying to say.

"I was called to the orphanage as they thought you are a genius and deserves better education compared to what they can provide. When I came there, I saw that you were looking the same like you were two years back. I couldn't understand it as that orphanage is known for treating the kids well. So, as I sat down and talked to you about your studies, I found a few things which made me decide to adopt you." He explained.

"You found that I could be useful, right?" I asked staring at him.

"No! I found that you were trying to kill yourself." I froze hearing his words.

"You knew your condition and you knew what to do but you were doing everything that would make you not live for another year. That's why I brought you and to shift your concentration, I said those words." He replied.

I sat there staring at him as I know what is he talking about. However, how did he know that? No one knew about it and not even the warden taking care of us in the orphanage and not even fellow kids.

"How do you..." he cut me of saying, "I may not understand human emotions but I can grasp few things on my own."

"Then after I settled, why didn't you send me away when as you didn't like me?" I continued as all this doesn't seem real.

"I don't have any family and will never have. You are here and work hard too. So, why should I send you away?" I frowned more and more as I talked to him.

"I made many mistakes bringing trouble to the company. Don't you hate me, Dad?" I asked sighing.

He stayed silent and finally said, "I can't hate anyone."

"Why are you saying that?" I asked frowning at him.

"Didn't you hear my sister say that I am an emotionless person? She was not lying as I am really an emotionless person. I do not know the feeling of happy, sad, anger, hurt, or anything." As he continued to talk, I continued to get more confused.

"Alexithymia!" He added.

I frowned and immediately remembered what that condition was and stared at him in shock. I opened my mouth and closed and... "I... how..."

"By birth!" he added again.

I couldn't bring the thoughts together and finally asked one main question that was in my mind all this time.

"How did you manage... I..." I couldn't bring any question out.

"My Dad never gave up on me and always said I will not fail. He said one main rule to get success. Always protect the people who will be there with me without benefits and keep away the people that bring any kind of harm to me. I always followed that and never stepped back." He stated.

"You never hated me whenever the issues happened?" I asked straight.

"No! The day I said you will join GH after you finished studies, I always thought you will be the charge of this." He replied calmly.

"Anything else?" he asked looking at me.

"You stopped me from marrying Shrishti because?" He sighed saying, "Because you were feeling guilty and it will not be good for you when they find the truth."

I have more questions but I felt like there is no need to ask as I suddenly felt light in my heart.

"Don't worry about tomorrow as I will make sure they don't do anything." He assured me.

"No need! This is enough for me." Saying that I stood up and gave him a genuine smile for the first time in my life as there was always some other emotion behind it.

He frowned which is the expression I always saw him showing whenever there is trouble or whenever he talks to me. Now, I understand that either he can give this expression or a calm face.

I sighed nodding at him and walked out of the house thinking why didn't I ask anything directly and kept on just feeling guilty all this time.

I shook my head and took a cab to go to Kanika's place as right now I just want to be with her after feeling this lightness in my heart. However, I am still in shock remembering the things I learned today. How did I misunderstand for two decades and live my life?

----------------------

This is not a sudden plot twist, if anyone remember then whenever Vkranth's AUnt talks, she always talks about how Ashok is an emotionless person and how can he have got a child from the first time she was introduced to the last...

Very small chapter as I rushed to write this... Sorry and the next one will be uploaded within a day or two...

How is the chap?

Comment plz and vote...