Chapter 5

*Meghana Pov*

After packing my things, I glanced around the room that will always appear in my nightmares for a few months, I walked out of the room to check out.

As I got a call from Kanika yesterday night that the contract is ready and we both can meet and discuss it, she added that there is a place where I can stay and the renovations will finish within a few days.

I don't have any kind of attachment to this place to stay back even after such an offer and also it is better if I leave this place as soon as possible before those people catch up.

Till now, I was using the cash I withdraw from that place and so they wouldn't even know where I am. After meeting Kanika and hearing her plans, I will decide whether to actually join her venture or just go on my own somewhere else.

If I decide to stay as her partner then I will open a new bank account under the company's name and use that and if I don't stay then... actually I want to stay with her.

It's been a few years since I saw someone as passionate as her and not shy away from any hard work. Hopefully, she is a good person and will not play any tricks which would just make me ignore her completely from then on. I got to face my own share of tricks from the people I trusted.

As I got into the cab to leave for the airport, I glanced around the city that was my home for a decade.

If only... if only I haven't trusted that person then... I closed my eyes to let go of the past from now on but those events don't stop plaguing me at all.

#PAST Beginning# - Four Years back

"Ms. Han! I managed to talk with the client and they are ready to wait for two more days." I glanced up from my work table to stare at Mani.

"I am not even surprised with that result as I have full trust in your capability." I said smiling at him and he smiled back.

It's been four months since he joined as my secretary and it doesn't seem like that anymore.

I fell for him and I know he likes me too but I don't know why he is not saying anything. Is it because I am his boss?

So, I opened my mouth saying, "I have the capability to be a good girlfriend. What about you?"

She stared at me in shock and didn't say anything even after a few minutes passed. Maybe I was just illusioned to think he likes me and he was just being respectful which I took in another way.

"Okay! Forget that I said that and I will definitely ask them to finish the order within two days." Saying that I started walking towards the door but he suddenly moved to block my way.

"Ms. Han! I like you too." He whispered staring at me and I smiled asking, "Why are adding prefixes to my name while confessing?"

"Han!" he called my name in that manner for the first time and I smiled before leaning forward to kiss his lips.

For a whole month, life was blissful, with my love life going strong as we even started living together and also my biggest collection of designs getting ready to release within a few weeks.

Contracts are signed and orders are finishing to be delivered to the client, a bomb had to drop in my life.

At first, I felt uneasy when my trusted designer assistant suddenly resigned saying she found a better company. I asked her whether I need to raise her salary but she was adamant and even though I was sad, I let her go after giving her a grand farewell.

After a week she left, I was about to leave my cabin to check on the order delivery but suddenly Mani entered the room.

"Hey! You asked for a leave today, right? Why are you back? Don't tell me, the leave is to give me a surprise?" I asked reaching his side and moved my hands to circle his neck but he stepped back.