Chapter 17

*Shrishti Pov*

"Hey! Why are you so lost?" I asked waving my hand at Prathap who is pumping the air into nothing.

He forgot to attach a balloon at the end and just kept on pumping. He blinked and glanced at me before shaking his head.

"I know I was a bad friend to you by not contacting you all this time but I am still the same one who is here to listen to your worries." I said smiling at him.

"I want to talk to Anitha first before talking about it with anyone else." He explained and I nodded while looking around to see if there is anything else missing other than the balloons that needs to be dropped on the floor.

"Are you going to prepare lunch for both of us?" I asked checking the time as it is just past twelve and there are a few hours as Anny needs to come here first from her shooting before she calls Kanika.

"Sure! Let me finish this and then I will prepare something healthy for you." He replied nodding and I smiled leaning back on the chair.

I checked my phone to see any message from either Anny or Nitish. Today is the first time Nitish went for a shoot with Anny as her manager and I don't know how is everything going on there.

I know Vikranth went beyond to help Nitish with all this but it hurts to know that Nitish who was once a CEO is working as a manager but it's not like being a manager is a bad thing and that too for a popular star like Anny. Still, it pricks but I know he needs to go through this and learn and at the same time pay back for things he did to Anny.

I am not even that upset towards him for what his Mom and his friends did but what I am disappointed about is his actions towards Anny which were not professional and he never mentioned them to me by hiding them.

I also understand the reason why he hid but still it's just... I sighed shaking my head as I don't want to think too much and stress myself. I put enough stress on my baby and I shouldn't do that ever again.

"When will you start going to work? You really enjoyed planning all this today and I think you will feel better at work." I glanced up hearing Prathap's words.

I nodded saying I will be going to work from tomorrow as Jenny will transfer to the branch office next week as we stopped everything there for these few days.

When he finished, he stood up to walk towards the kitchen but we both paused to glance at the door hearing footsteps only to feel shock as it is Kanika who came.

"Kanika!" I called her name in shock but she just nodded and continued to climb the stairs ignoring everything and even the decorations attached to the stairs railing.

I glanced at Prathap who is also glancing at me with confusion and I took out my phone to ask Anny whether she is the one who called Kanika thinking we finished with decorations and to ask where she is.

However, before I could connect the call, my phone fell from my hand hearing a loud scream.

I snapped my gaze upstairs and we both rushed to the room Kanika went inside thinking she got hurt but we paused when we heard continuous sobs from inside the room.

"I will call Anitha!" Prathap mumbled taking out his phone but I stopped him by holding his hand.

"No! She is far from here for shooting and must be still shooting. It will take too long and also disturb her work. Call Vikranth and ask him to come." I said and tried to stop my hand shaking as we continued to hear her sobs that were heart-wrenching.

They seem to be muffled but we can hear them clearly at the same time. He frowned hearing my words and immediately called Vikranth after a brief pause.

"Vikranth! Something happened to Kanika. She is crying in her room and Anitha is away for shooting. Is it possible for you to come?" he asked while I finally moved to open the door but it is locked.