Epilogue #2

*Nitish Pov*

I took a deep breath to control my nerves and looked away from the door. Do I deserve to step into this room?

I thought staring at the elevator and felt maybe I should just leave right now and go to spend time with Shrishti and our baby.

I rubbed my forehead and took a step towards the elevator while taking out my phone to message my decision to Vikranth.

"Where are you going?" I got startled hearing the voice I least expected and turned to glance at Shrishti who is standing near the opened door.

"What are you..." she cut me off and dragged me into the room.

The next second, I heard thunderous claps from everywhere and slowly adjusted my eyes to see everyone is here.

"Where were you going? We were waiting for so long and you didn't even open the door." Shrishti accused me with a smile.

"Congratulations!" everyone greeted and I still stood there in shock.

"I... thank you." I finally said as everyone were waiting for me.

"That's all? We were waiting for some speech." Prathap joked and finally everyone moved towards the small table where juice and snacks were placed.

Shrishti walked towards the baby carrier and picked our daughter who is still clapping making me smile at them.

"You have to manage from tomorrow onwards. Jay's assistant will be delegated to you as he has more knowledge about the agency work." Vikranth said reaching my side.

"I... do I deserve this?" I asked making him frown.

"What?" he asked staring at me.

"I failed earlier even after running it for ten years. I am already glad that I got some work to do but this... this power is... I don't deserve it." I replied.

"Well, you just have to work hard to make sure you do. You are not just answerable to me who is trusting you with this." He stated.

"I know! I am answerable to Shrishti and our baby." He shook his head hearing my words.

"Anny has shares in GH agency and you know what she will do if you do the same mistakes." He explained and I immediately turned to glance at Anny who I giving me a pointed look.

"Yeah!" I mumbled and he patted my shoulder.

"We didn't give this opportunity just because you are Shrishti's partner. You were scrutinized from the day you joined and everyone saw how you changed the people's opinion who were against you completely. And it's nearly two years since you were working for GH agency. So, just do your best and do not trust others easily and make sure to not make the same mistakes." Saying that he walked off.

"Say Congratulations to Dad." Shrishti said reaching us with Harini.

I picked her from her arms and kissed Shrishti whispering, 'Thanks!'

"Were you scared?" She asked in a whisper and I nodded honestly.

"Don't worry! Vikranth wouldn't have done this if he didn't trust you." She assured me and I smiled nodding at her.

"It's been a few weeks since Aunty met Harini. Why don't we leave her with Aunty and go on a date today? You will get busy from tomorrow and I even took leave today." Shrishti continued to whisper.

When Harini was born, Mom reached me to meet her. However, I didn't allow as I was not sure whether Shrishti would be fine with it.

After a few weeks, I finally informed Shrishti and she said fine but I know she was worried.

So, that day when Mom came to meet, Shrishti stayed away and made me stay with Harini.

Mom stayed only for sometime and reached our room and stood near the door to apologize to Shrishti.

After that, Mom came a few times after taking permission and everytime she apologized. Within a few months, Shrishti joined me when Mom came to meet Harini.

They slowly started talking but were not close. Sometimes, when Shrishti and I were busy, Mom took care of Harini.

Shrishti also got close to her slowly and that's how we even reached a point where Shrishti itself suggesting to leave Harini with Mom sometimes.

"Okay!" I replied smiling at her.

"Also, let's get married soon. Do you want a huge wedding?" I coughed hearing those words suddenly.

"Wh... what?" I asked staring at her.

"Harini already celebrated her first birthday. Do you want to wait more?" She asked looking at me.

"What wedding do you want?" I asked after composing myself.

"Your wish!" she replied and I shook my head saying, "I am fine with everything. I just want you to be my wife."

"If it is a huge wedding like Vikranth's then it will take more time and we can't spend time with Harini and she may get scared of so many people. Why don't we have a small wedding?" She offered and I nodded.

"You are fine? What if I say, I want us to get married in the register office?" She asked smiling.

"I am okay with it." Hearing my reply she gave me a shocked look.

"What about today?" I continued and this time she coughed.

"Today?" She asked in a shocked tone.

"But we need to make an appointment and it will take long." She added.

"I know someone and they can come here to get the signatures." We both got startled hearing Vikranth's voice and turned to find everyone looking at us.

"You both can get married in your new home." Anny added.

"I can get someone to decorate the hall." Saying that Prathap picked his phone and waited for our reply.

"I can get new attires that suits you both and also Harini's gown." Kanika added smiling at us.

I glanced at Shrishti who stared back at me and we both turned to look at them before nodding.

Within a few minutes, everyone started rushing. Anny was in charge to get us to our new home that Shrishti and I purchased when Harini was born but were getting it remodeled and shifted into it a few months back.

When I woke up today, I was only nervous about taking charge of GH agency and starting that stage in my life. I didn't expect that by evening, I would start another stage and the most important in my life.

I smiled signing my name and passed the book to her. She signed hers without a second of hesitation. And that's how we got married with the help of our friends.

I glanced at our friends and family with gratitude I know I can never repay in my life. However, what I can do is lead a happy life with my wife and daughter and support them wherever I can with my everything and never disappoint them ever again.

I glanced at Kanika who is holding Harini to point us with a smile thinking if she hadn't scared me that day of forever losing Shrishti, I may not have reached this point of my life no matter how much hardships I would have gone through. I glanced at Anny who bear my presence no matter the betrayal I did just to give me a chance to prove myself. Vikranth and Prathap gave me a chance instead of keeping me away from Shrishti to protect her which gave me scope to get forgiveness from Shrishti. Thank you! I mumbled in my heart while hugging Shrishti.

-----------------------------

I agree that it's better to give one each final part for each couple... So, I will add another one for Anitha and Prathap also after this...

About rebirth, it is not for now as I haven't finalized the plot and need so much thinking to write it and this is not the right time to spend such effort on that... So, my next story will be simple one and not complicated and just normal story... I asked for future purpose to think about it...

How is the chap?

Comment plz and vote...