Chapter 12

*Kanika Pov*

I smiled as he frowned at the alarm sound and moved my hand to turn it off. Today I woke up early even though I was tired from yesterday's journey.

I stared at his face and moved my hands to caress his cheek while remembering yesterday's events.

From the time I know him, I saw him nervous and anxious only when it came to his Father or his past events relating to Shrishti's Mom.

I always wished for him to not feel like that before his father and never expected him to show the same behavior in front of me.

It's like he nearly had a panic attack yesterday just because of the words I said carelessly.

I wanted him to think about his life and not just about his family and past but I didn't realize right now he thinks of me in the same way.

Even though right now I am important to him as his other family members are but this is not a good thing for him. I want him to care for his own feelings and not get worried about others' feelings at this high level.

It just proves that I added a burden to his life more than reducing it. And right now I don't even know how to set it straight.

If I distance myself, then yesterday's reaction can repeat again. All I know is that he needs help at a professional level and I don't know how to approach that subject near him.

He talked about it when I need it but I don't know whether I can express the same without triggering anything in him.

It is not a good thing that he treats me as an important person as all I want is for him to be peaceful and not worry about his words or actions in such a way. I don't want him to be scared of his words or actions like he was yesterday.

When he continued to say those words with a look in his eyes, I panicked but I didn't know what to do except to hold him.

"What's the time?" he asked in a whisper but didn't open his eyes.

"It's time for both of us to get ready." I replied and he sighed leaning closer to hug me tightly.

"I am tired!" he whispered and I nodded rubbing his back.

"Why don't you rest for some time? I will go to work." I said remembering that Meghana will not come to work today as she has to go somewhere.

"No! Nitish will come to meet me today. I need to settle his matter but if I go ahead with the plan I thought about, I will be really busy." He said opening his eyes and stared at me.

"Did I increase your work with my actions?" I asked still smiling.

"No! You are saving many artists from the worst future they can face." He replied caressing my cheek.

"However, if I sign in all those artists, I don't have enough managers to handle them. I will be taking some managers and staff too after properly interviewing them but still they will not be enough as I can't trust them all." He added frowning.

"Why don't you hire a senior manager who handles all the managers?" I asked and he nodded.

"I already thought about it and decided on Keerthi for the job." He replied and I stared at him in shock.

"Keerthi? But her baby is going to be just a year old soon. Can she manage such a burden?" he nodded sitting up and I followed him.

"Anny's current manager will act as her assistant. So, it will be fine." He assured me.

"Then what about Anitha?" I asked frowning at him.

"I have a plan and I hope you understand my decision. I thought of all this when we were traveling back to the city." He said in a worried tone and I immediately held his hand.