Chapter 38

A Few Weeks Back

*Nitish Pov*

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to talk to you?" I asked picking up the call after ignoring it so many times.

I want to switch it off but this is my work-related phone and I can't do that in case of any emergencies from work.

"Mr. Nitish! You do know that you are causing a disturbance in my shooting, right?" I glanced behind me to find the GH artist who had shifted from my company.

"Excuse me!" I didn't have any patience right now to deal with her and so just walked away ignoring her complaints.

"This is what you are working hard for? Getting shamed by some strangers? Did you forget how you were raised?" Dad asked scoffing and I closed my eyes in silence.

"Don't call me again!" I warned him in a serious tone while ignoring his provocation.

I already blocked his number but he is calling from new numbers every time I block one. I don't know why is he suddenly contacting me like this.

"I already took revenge on Lisa's whole family for getting you into trouble. You should be grateful about it." He stated and I moved the phone away to cut the call but his next words stopped.

"So, Vikranth is already divorced?" I froze upon hearing those words.

How does he know that? And why is he even asking me that question? I tried to compose myself but was worried and didn't cut the call.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" I asked in an irritated tone.

"He is not only divorced but actually had a contract marriage, right?" This time I just laughed while hiding my shock.

"Are you entering into the entertainment industry? Is this a new script? Why don't you send it so that I can get my artist to review it and give an audition? Okay?" I asked in a sarcastic tone and glanced back at the set where Anny is discussing with the director for the next scene.

"I am planning to display this matter with proof and will say you gave me this information and were giving me many other secret information about GH. You are already facing so much hatred right now. What will be your position later? And will you get to be with Shrishti?" He just continued to talk and hearing his threat I didn't have anything to say as I couldn't believe he is even my father.

"So, you better join me and get good benefits which would help you to be with Shrishti." He added and I was thinking how is his brain wired.

If I join them and ruin Vikranth, Shrishti will not even see my face. Why does he have such thoughts?

"If you become GH agency leader which you can with Girish help, then you will get more stability to marry Shrishti. Otherwise, who would marry a low level manager from an entertainment agency?" He just continued with a confident tone.

"Think about it!" with those words he cut the call.

I stood there in silence and pinched my forehead feeling a severe headache because of the shock I just felt.

How does he even know about Vikranth's matter? I frowned thinking whether I did something which caused the leak.

Also, will anyone believe me if my own father states that I was the one who told him this matter? No! No one will believe me after what I have done previously.

"Nitish! I was calling you so many times. Are you okay?" I turned to find Anny frowning at me.

"Sorry! What happened?" I asked trying to calm down.