Chapter 27

*Kanika Pov*

"What do you think they are talking about?" I heard Anitha's voice as I entered the house and found her sitting beside Nitish.

She is talking to him with a serious tone while he is checking his phone saying, "I don't know! By the way, you got a commercial deal and I checked the contract terms already. I will forward it to you and will discuss about it after your break is over."

"I am talking seriously and you..." she cut off when she realized I am standing near them.

"Kani! You came? You look so tired! I will get you some water." She said smiling and stood up while Nitish gave a polite nod to me.

"No Need! What is the serious dicsussion?" I asked while looking around for Shrishti as I need to talk to her about the project we are working on with her company.

"Vikranth came and took his friends to talk about something. I am just curious and trying to get him curious but he is not responding." She explained and I chuckled but before I could react, we all heard Prathap raising his voice.

"Are they fighting?" Anitha asked and immediately stood up to go while Nitish and I followed her because we heard Vikranth's raised voice too.

We three found them standing in the backyard and Shrishti is standing aside with a worried look at them while Prathap and Vikranth has hard looks on their faces.

"You understood? We both can even get involved to find some solution to reduce your burden. Maybe we can join the elders in finding the solution and..." Prathap words got cut off when Vikranth took his hand away from his hold.

"Don't you both understand what I am saying? You both concentrate on your own businesses and bring profits for GH and that is enough. I do not want anyone to say anything to any of the elders. Who said I am not fine with doing this work? This is what I wanted to do all these years and this is what I worked hard for. Don't you get it?" Vikranth shouted and I stared at him in shock as I never expected him to be like this with his friends.

"But you have Kanika now and you both need to get back together. You need to..." He cut Shrishti off saying, "All that is secondary! I am working hard for GH and I will for my whole life. This is what I should do and anything else will always come later. It wouldn't matter whether other things are there or not. All that matters..."

I took a deep breath overcoming my shock after hearing those words while Anitha gasped beside me and immediately shouted his name before I could stop her.

I glanced at him before shifting my gaze to Shrishti and found her placing her hand on the stomach with a worried look at Vikranth while Prathap is glaring at him.

"Nitish! It is cold outside for Shrishti to be for a long time." I said and Nitish was already stepping forward to hold Shrishti's hand and took her away.

"Thank you for letting us know what priority we are for you. Enjoy working for GH your whole life and no one will stop you anymore." Prathap stated and walked towards Anitha who is standing before me.

"Kanika!" He stepped forward but I shook my head stopping him and asked him to go and rest.

I need some time to calm down and don't want to have any words with him so that I will not say something that I could regret later.

"I just..." I cut him off saying, "We will talk later when everyone calmed down. You go back to your place."

"You will..." I again cut him off saying, "Don't ask me to stay with you." And he finally nodded before walking towards us and paused beside me but I calmly stared at him after which he walked away.