Chapter 23

*Anitha Pov*

"She is so strong! She went through so much." I rubbed my eyes clearing my tears away after hearing Shrishti's voice.

"She is!" I whispered while feeling guilty that I wasn't able to share her pain at all.

I never asked about her past or how her life was during those years when we knew each other.

I didn't ask her more and if I had then she could have been in less pain after sharing with someone.

"Vikranth?" I heard Shrishti's shocked tone and turned to find him standing between Shrishti and me.

As she turned to walk away, she paused seeing Vikranth with us but we all glanced behind her hearing a shout to find that woman falling down in an unconscious state.

I glanced at Kanika who took a step towards them but calmly turned around to walk in our direction.

She stood before us staring at us but her gave seemed to be completely blank. She then blinked before glancing at me.

"Let's go!" I said holding Kanika's hand and she nodded while walking off with me and others followed us.

"We will go to my place, okay?" I asked looking at her and she nodded again without saying another word but didn't let go of my hand.

When we reached my place, I took her directly to her room and we both sat down on the bed in silence while still holding hands.

"I am fine!" she whispered patting my hand with her free hand.

"Are you?" I asked staring at her and she nodded before shaking her head.

"I don't hate her!" She whispered in a broken tone and I moved to hug her while letting out tears along with her.

"Why don't I hate her?" She asked hugging me tightly.

"I will hate her for you." I replied caressing her back and we stayed like that for some time until she calmed down.

She let go of me saying, "If I hadn't met you, I wouldn't have been able to survive. Maybe I would have survived somehow but I wouldn't have been happy. Thank you for sticking to me even though I pushed you away in the beginning."

"If I hadn't met you, I wouldn't have been alive." I stated and she moved her fingers to brush my tears away.

"Don't cry! Even I will not cry anymore." Saying that she brushed her tears away and smiled at me.

"After saying all those things, I feel like something is lifted off from my heart." She added and I can see that she is honest about those words.

I smiled back while adjusting her hair which got into a mess because of my hug and she did the same for me.

"We will have lunch? I didn't even have breakfast today." She said checking her watch.

"Okay! Let's wash our faces and not let those people get scared of us." I added and she nodded before we both washed our faces and stepped out of her room.

As we climbed down the stairs, I found everyone sitting in the living room and even Prathap joined them.

"I brought over food for everyone." He said when I glanced at him.

I glanced at Kanika to find her staring at others with an awkward look and I realize she must be uncomfortable as everyone witnessed everything earlier.

"You had lunch?" I asked glancing at Shrishti.

"I am fine! I didn't feel hungry and was waiting for you both." She replied before glancing at Kanika.