Chapter 24

*Kanika Pov*

What are we even doing right now? I thought letting go of him when I heard the bed sound when we both fell on it.

He stared at me while taking deep breaths and my situation is not any better. However, I took a deep breath and moved to get up but he hugged me tightly not letting me move.

"Can we really question what are we at this point?" He asked staring at me.

He is right! No matter how much I wish for just a normal life and a normal partner, we both are mixed up as of now.

I don't know whether we can come out of it when we get tired of all the issues but right now we can't.

When he left like that, I was not upset that he had to go but got upset that he had to go even though he doesn't want to.

Can I really just standstill aside while these situations occur again and again? Can I really take a step ahead to actually start a life with him in a real sense? No! That is just out of the question and I don't want to reach the circumstances where I end up hating him.

He is a special person for me and I don't want to hate him at all and if all this had to end, then I want it to end on at good note and not where I wish to forget about everything that happened between us.

I opened my mouth to explain all these but paused when I saw him trying to keep his eyes open. Then I remember his neck and his breath feeling too hot than normal.

I immediately moved to check his forehead and felt it hot to touch. How could I not realize that he was not feeling well?

"Vikranth! Let go of me so that I can check your temperature." I said patting his hands surrounding me.

"Hmm!" he made a sound and let go of me.

I left the room to search for the medicine box I remember placing it in the living room. After checking whether everything is available, I returned to find him already drifting off into sleep.

I woke him up to check the temperature and found it is not high. I made him take a tablet and when I helped him to lay down, he drifted off into sleep again.

As I stared at his face, I found traces of exhaustion clearly on his face. I sighed realizing he must have pushed himself to work harder and finish everything early.

If not for me, then he wouldn't have done this for sure and he wouldn't have got sick. I shook my head and adjusted his blanket before laying down beside him.

I continued to stare at his face thinking about the recent things I found in his behavior. I never saw him panic except for his past and for his Dad but he started panicking about my words and actions whenever I take a step back.

I never saw him pushing himself like this except to get approval from his Dad and now he is doing the same for me.

I am here mad at his Dad but do I have any right to do that when I am troubling Vikranth the same way his Dad is doing?

Can he even be happy with me in a true sense if I have such a negative impact on his emotional state? I closed my eyes not knowing what to even decide regarding this matter.

However, as I kept my mind away from this issue, I couldn't help but think about her lying on the floor unconscious. Is she fine? I thought and immediately turned to press my face to the pillow to not think about it.

She has her partner and her daughter who can take care of her. With that thought, I drifted off into sleep.

In the middle when I woke up, I found his temperature reduced a lot. The fever must be because of tiredness and not for other reasons if it reduced this fast but it is better to be careful and check the temperature after the tablet effect is gone.