Chapter 53

*Kanika Pov*

"You can't stop smiling from the evening." Shrishti teased Anitha and Anitha just gave an even bigger smile.

"Of course! He finally proposed and you know I was waiting for him for so long." Anitha pointed out by checking the ring Prathap gave her.

"Will you wear it to the party tonight?" Nitish asked while passing the baby to Shrishti to go and check the party details.

"No! Today it's just to celebrate the shooting and it is not from us. So, I will not wear it." Anitha assured him.

I can understand his worry as he needs to think as her manager too. I glanced up from arranging her neckline and stared at him with a smile.

I guess it is not far away from following Vikranth's plan of handling the charge of GH agency in his hands.

"I will go and check whether the media arrived. Also, don't stay there for long. I already mentioned to the organizers that you must be tired with whole day shooting." Anitha nodded at his words and he finally left the room.

"Done! I can finally stop being your designer from this point until the next project." Saying that I stood back to make sure I finished everything.

"I wish I can wear normal clothes but these people are drying me up and making me wear the attire from shooting. I am glad at least it is not too heavy." Anitha said sighing.

"Why don't you both get ready?" She asked glancing at us.

"It's okay! I am not planning to go to the party. I am tired and will rest in the room with my darling." Shrishti said smiling at her and continued to shake the baby to let her sleep.

"However, I think it is important for Kanika to change her attire. She is the designer and is representing her brand. The people will definitely talk to her and her business will grow." She added and I sighed nodding.

"I know! Meghana already called me earlier to warn me. She said I should not hide and gain business by interacting and wear good clothes." I assured her.

"I will go and get ready. If you need anything, let me know." Saying that I walked out of Anitha's hotel room and reached mine.

When I entered the room, I found Vikranth typing on his laptop. He is frowning and at the same time checking something on his phone.

"Why did you come if you are this busy? You could have done your work comfortably at office, right?" I asked approaching my bag to get clothes.

"I am busy? You were busy whole day." I paused when I heard his accusing tone.

I turned around to stare at him and he is staring back at me with a calm expression. Did I mistake his tone?

"It's already dinner time and you are doing work." I pointed out and turned around to finish my task.

"I am finishing tomorrow's work and delegating work to take leave for tomorrow." He explained.

"Why?" I asked checking the top to see whether it's fine or not for the occasion.

"Well, Shrishti proposed Nitish and Prathap proposed Anny. I think it is time for me to do the same." I got shocked hearing those words.

"I should prepare something special for tomorrow. However, I am not sure whether you will be fine if I involve our friends like others. Should I?" he just continued and I took a deep breath before turning around to stare at him.

"Vikranth!" I called him to stop his queries.

He stared at me for a second before letting out a sigh. He stood up from the couch and approached me saying, "Don't worry! I understand that you will reject me if I do this tomorrow."