Chapter 16

*Anitha Pov*

When we reached my home, I glanced at Shrishti who finally calmed down and is no longer crying.

As we all walked inside, I cleared my throat saying, "I was genuine when suggesting on both of you stay. Unless you have a better option, there is no need to shift. Don't forget that you need people around you who can take care of you."

"Thank you!" She said holding my hand and I nodded smiling.

"By the way, this Friday is Kanika's birthday and I am planning a surprise party here for her. Can you help me with planning?" I asked and she nodded before asking about the timing.

"I have an urgent shoot that day and so I am planning for an evening party. However, if I finish soon, then it will be done sooner. I asked her partner to make sure Kanika will not come here until I call her myself. So, I need your help with arrangements and Prathap will help you." I said smiling at Prathap who is sitting on the couch silently and my smile slipped.

What happened to him? I thought frowning but decided to ask him later. Shrishti continued to ask for more details and finally said she will make sure everything is perfect that day.

"I am not calling anyone and just us." I stressed and she frowned.

"Not even the elders?" She asked and I immediately shook my head.

"No! Just the five of us... six of us." I added when I found Nitish glancing at me.

"Okay!" She nodded and walked off wishing us good night but Nitish stayed back.

"Tomorrow there is a meeting with the artists of NK agency and Mr. Vikranth wants you to address them before they make a decision to join the company or not." Nitish said and I gave him a surprised look.

So, he is really going to try to be a manager. Fine! Unless he does something that goes against the rules of being a manager, I will not give him a hard time.

"Okay! You can contact my previous manager Mehtab to check whether Manoj is still my driver and bodyguard. If not, you have to drive me to the company. My car is in the garage." He nodded saying he already got information that Manoj will continue to be on my team.

"What is happening?" We both heard a confused tone and turned to find Prathap staring at us.

"Vikranth decided that he is going to be my manager." I replied and he frowned before slowly nodded.

"I got confused earlier thinking why did he want to purchase a place near yours. Are you fine with him being your manager?" Prathap asked glancing at me.

"Vikranth is my boss and I have to follow his decisions." I replied and he frowned more but I shook my head smiling.

"Where is your car? There is parking space only for two cars." Prathap asked reaching my side.

"I parked it at the common parking lot of the community. They are charging for every day. I am fine with keeping it there." Nitish replied after which Prathap nodded and we both walked away to our room.

After entering the room, Prathap freshened up while I tried to form a speech for tomorrow.

By the time I finished, I found Prathap already lying down on the bed and so I got freshened up and laid down beside him before moving closer to hug him.

He moved his hands to hold me in his arms saying, "Finished with speech?"

"Yes! Now, will you tell me what happened? You seem off from the evening." I replied and he sighed caressing my back in silence.