Chapter 42

*Kanika Pov*

"So, your Mom really left?" Meghana asked entering my cabin as Uday placed the documents to my table.

"Yes! That's why I took half a day's leave today as I dropped her at the airport and even made sure she got inside the plane." He explained with a sad tone.

"Don't be sad! Now that she left, there will be no one to harass by calling here all the time to make you stop working." Meghana pointed out sitting on the chair.

"She was calling here?" I asked in a shocked tone.

"Yeah! Every day and because of that we nearly lost an important client." She replied and I glanced at Uday who had a guilty look.

"It's not your fault. I can understand that you are sad as she is your Mom." He smiled at my words and glared at Meghana.

"What? I need to care about my business, right? Mainly when we are going to fight my enemies. Did you finish?" She asked glancing at me.

I nodded taking out the file from my drawer and passed it to her. She went through the designs with a frown and closed it with a smile.

"Good! We will get this contract and this will just be a first loss for them." She said tapping on the table with a happy look.

"Of course! I will do everything for that to happen. Now, did you finish work from your side? We are participating in two themes, right?" I asked and she sighed with a defeated look.

"They copied my style and i worked for them so many times that if I use my usual style, then we will be pointed out. So, I am lost at that." She replied.

"So? If anyone questions you, tell them that you worked with them to impart your knowledge to their low-level designers." Uday stated and we both glanced at him in surprise.

"Should we be cordial with them?" He asked hesitatingly.

"No! I didn't expect you to be bitter about them." Meghana explained.

"This is my workplace and I stand with my people." He pointed out and I chuckled at his words.

"Then, help me with a trash talk kind of speech as a plan B. Let's go!" saying that Meghana stood up to walk out with him.

"By the way, did you talk with my brother?" Uday asked stopping near the door.

"Brother?" I asked frowning at him.

"Vikranth! He is my brother, right? Also, his happiness in personal life will impact his professional life which in turn will impact me as I get benefits only if he works as usual." Uday said in a serious tone and seeing my glare he laughed.

"I am just joking! I am just concerned about him as I heard a gossip that you are mad at him." He added.

"Who gave this gossip?" I asked frowning at him.

"One of my many friends." He replied shrugging and walked off saying to talk to Vikranth.

I sighed ignoring him and checked the file Uday brought from the warehouse. Because of the space issue, we took a lease of another building in the area and using it as a warehouse.

If our pitch gets selected for the next round then we need to prepare the attires and not just the designs on paper.

Noting down what should be bought, I passed the information to Uday to pass it to the staff in the warehouse.

That evening, as I walked out of the building, I found Vikranth's car parked and he was standing outside leaning on it.

I stopped in my tracks and stared at him as he didn't yet realise I was outside the building and was typing on his phone.