Chapter 40

*Shrishti Pov*

"What are you doing?" Prathap asked knocking on my head as I sat there just staring blankly at the television.

"Why are you hitting me?" I scolded him with a glare while he chuckled sitting beside me.

"The home feels so empty." He commented looking around.

Just now Anny and Nitish left for the celebration and that's what made me sit here in silence lost in my thoughts.

"What are you thinking so much about?" he asked as I was again staring blankly at the television.

"You all are planning a surprise party for me, right?" I asked looking at me and he laughed hearing my words.

"From where did you get that idea? Why would we plan a surprise party and shock you when you need to be careful at this stage?" He asked and I felt his words were reasonable.

"What happened? What gave you that thought?" He added when I stayed silent.

I turned towards him before explaining how Kanika, Anny, Nitish, and Vikranth asked me again and again about my absence to the function.

"That made you think about the surprise party? What is in there? Anitha, Nitish, and Kanika asked me also whether I am sure to miss the function." He pointed out smiling and his smile slipped in the next second.

"Did they ask you in a way that shows their wish for you to attend or it seemed like they were making sure you were not coming?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Second option! What about you?" I asked him and he showed me two fingers.

"Anitha was even talking about how boring the function would be and it is really good that I am not attending. Are they planning something?" He asked and I sighed because we both couldn't guess about their actions.

There are masterminds among these four and we are at the last level compared to them.

"I will go and check." Saying that he stood up.

"Even I am coming with you." I said following him.

He tried to stop me but I told him that I will go mad just thinking about what is going on.

These days Nitish looked so tense and even Vikranth asked all those weird questions. Also, Kanika seemed tense just like Nitish. Something must have happened and they are hiding it.

I want to be a support for them and not just get their help all the time. Seeing my determination, Prathap nodded and we both got ready and he drove us directly to the venue.

We were late for the function and didn't have passes but Prathap showed a picture of his with the families and security was still hesitant but we both heard a voice greeting us.

"What are you both doing here?" Uday asked reaching us in a hurry from the parking lot.

"You are also here?" I asked frowning at him.

"Well! You both should go back." He said looking inside the hall.

"Tell us what is going on and why are you holding a bag of liquor." Prathap asked glancing at him and Uday immediately moved it to hide behind him.

"It's a gift for Vikranth?" He replied as a question and groaned.

He pulled both of us aside and explained what was happening recently. This made Prathap and I feel stunned on the spot.

"Then what about the liquor?" Prathap asked to which Uday laughed and explained.

"We were having an option of making Kanika's father drunk so that his triggering would be more and all the coaching my Mom got him would fail. So, I kept a lookout in the parking lot here as I found from Mom's phone messages that they planned to hide him here and then let him inside at the right moment. So, when I found the car which was easy as they were using my Mom's car only. I put a bottle inside the car from the opened window. I think the rehabilitation was useful as he didn't touch it but then I stood beside the car talking to him as a drunkard and started explaining the benefits of drinking. And I also opened an expensive bottle and the smell was strong. He got influenced and drank the bottle I placed in the car." He was laughing while explaining and gave us a proud look and I rubbed my forehead.