nine

"you two are either gonna have to sleep in the same bed, or one of you sleep on the couch," taeyong sighed, head in his hand as they sat in the lounge area, "nothing i can do. i'm sorry."

"i thought it was a known thing that we'd have to share, no?" donghyuck shrugged, before johnny quickly cut him off.

"well you shouldn't have a problem with it then." he sighed, grabbing his bag and leaving the hall, making his way to his and taeil's hotel room.

donghyuck stuck up his nose at the american. due to his sudden outburst, eyes following him as he left. mark laughed in a shocked tone, putting his arm around donghyuck as they shared a chair, with mark sat on the arm.

taryong shook his head, "what he said. just less... mean."

donghyuck smiled, nodding.

"i'll speak to him," mark mumbled in donghyuck's ear, as they stood up together, "he's been an asshole."

donghyuck nodded.

he didnt care too much at johnny's recent outbursts, as he wasnt the type of person to take things to heart, but he knew mark was protective, so he'd let him get on with it if it made him feel better.

and he'd be lying if he said it didnt make him feel special.

"wanna sleep in the bed and i'll have the couch?" mark asked, pushing open the hotel room door after buzzing them in with. the keycard.

donghyuck gave a look of almost mocking, as he shook his head, "we've slept together enough times, dont act like you care."

mark raised his eyebrows, a childish giggle.

"sorry, slept next to eachother then. i forgot you're twelve.." donghyuck smiled, claiming the side of the bed facing the window, "as long as you dont push me out or hog the covers, you're good."

mark nodded, putting his suitcase on the couch, before grabbing his phone and falling onto the bed next to donghyuck

"did you hear, johnny is sharing with taeil.."

"yeah? what about it?"

mark sat up, leaning against the wall, his legs spread across the bed, "ten.. he's had suspicions before about those two."

donghyuck shrugged, "if he does anything, then i know who to side with," he chuckled, making mark laugh too, watching as he ran his hands through his long hair, "i mean, johnny hasn't been the nicest."

"oh yeah.. about that, i'll message him."

"you dont have to, mark," donghyuck smiled sweetly, turning to face him, "i really dont care as much as you do."

"exactly. which is why you're not talking to him, and i am.." mark explained, patting the bed next to wear he was sat, "sit here."

donghyuck obeyed, knowing that mark requested this so he could read the messages, but not complaining, as their thighs connected like magnets and their arms rubbed against eachother.

-

mark: hey man

mark: are you doing alright?

mark: you're snappy recently, has anything happened ?? you can talk to me

johnny: 👍🏻

johnny: i'm good

mark: you dont SEEM good though

mark: seriously u dont have to talk to me about it but ive noticed

johnny: mark im alright

johnny: just

johnny: please leave me alone abt it

johnny: before i accidentally get annoyed

mark: :( hyung

mark: u can always come and hang w me and hyuck

mark: a distraction?

mark: we're here for you

mark: WHATEVER it is lol

mark: have a good day
seen, 1:38pm

-

"yikes," donghyuck chuckled, shrugging once again, "didn't expect any different."

"dont be horrible," mark sighed, hating when johnny was like this, but not wanting to back him up, and support the way he'd been treating donghyuck, "he's clearly dealing with something."

donghyuck glared at the canadian, one eyebrow raised, "he's been an asshole!"

mark nodded, putting his phone down in defeat, as donghyuck, sat up, the connection through their limbs leaving with him.

"has he been acting like this with anyone else other than me? no.." donghyuck pouted, "unless i've done something wrong, which im 99 percent sure i havent, he has no reason to be an asshole to me!"

"i agree," mark nodded once more, his hand on donghyuck's back, "maybe you should just talk to him?"

"if he reacted like that to you speaking to him, i'm not sure i want to," the korean admitted, shivering slightly at mark's touch, but not enough to be embarrassed by it, "i'll leave it. i told you, i dont care as much as you think i do."

mark frowned, seeing an inch of sadness on the latter's face.

he knew donghyuck hated when johnny was like this. johnny was always the funny, big brother, making everyone smile, a happy guy.

donghyuck would never admit it, but mark knew that johnny was one of his favourite people, and he also knew that being treated like this by him was making him feel like shit.

although again, he'd never admit it.

"alright..." mark said, sitting up too and wrapping his arms around donghyuck's shoulders, "come eat with me now? before you're too tired to eat later."

"it's 2pm, mark."

"late lunch. c'mon.."

"ughh"