fortyseven

donghyuck held onto mark's wrist as they made their way to the car out front of the building. he'd stayed quiet after the performance, but donghyuck assumed the boy just needed time alone in his brain.

mark liked the way donghyuck held onto his wrist. it was tight enough to make him feel safe, but gentle, loving the feeling of the boy's skin against his.

they sat next to eachother in the back of the car, mark getting the window seat, and donghyuck in the middle with yuta to his left.

mark smiled as he felt donghyuck's hand on his upper thigh, gently holding it as they drove off, "how was it? you feel any better now?"

mark listened as donghyuck spoke calmly, closely to his ear as he leant in his direction. he nodded slowly, before the younger boy dropped his head on his shoulder, "do you want? to talk about it?"

mark watched as donghyuck's hand moved down, closer to his knee now, gripping his kneecap and massaging it. he smiled with a laugh, "i- uh- yeah.. yeah, i do."

-

"it's my anxiety again, i'm like- 90 percent sure. its the way i felt a few years back, if you remember that-"

"oh, yeah," donghyuck furrowed his brows as they sat on mark's bed together, mark leaning against the headboard, and donghyuck sat opposite him, "i do remember that."

"i knew why it was happening then, though.." mark looked at his hands, as he picked at his nails and knuckles, "i dont know what's started it this time."

"is this why you've been.. off? like- distant?" donghyuck asked, tilting his head, "how long have you felt like this?"

mark shrugged, "when did i start being off? like, a few days ago? im just- annoyed. why did it have to start now"

donghyuck shook his head, as the boy let his head fall back.

"it's so- yeah- i dunno- i cant-"

"it's fine mark. you dont need to try and explain it," donghyuck laughed lightly, "anything you need? i cant like- i dunno- fix you- but i wanna help you."

mark thought, before smiling, and reaching out for donghyuck's hand.

with a confused expression, donghyuck hesitantly put his hand in the older's with a laugh, making mark laugh too.

"come-" mark mumbled, pulling the boy close by his hand, into his lap.

"i'm gonna improve your techniques of asking for affection, markie," donghyuck smiled, confidently crawling into the gap created by mark's legs, and grabbing his blanket, placing it over the two of them, "what are we eating tonight?"

mark was hesitant at first, but the moment he wrapped his arms around the boy, and felt him melt into the curve of his body, he felt himself become the calmest he'd been that day.

donghyuck grabbed the tv controllers, holding each of mark's legs and laying as if mark wasn't under him.

"i- uh- i think they're ordering it uh- here."

donghyuck chuckled lightly, with a nod.

mark was so cute