fortysix

when the boys reached the venue for the comeback stage, mark was still pretty distant. they'd sat together in the car, and shared gentle touches when donghyuck would try to comfort him, but again, it was unusual.

they were in the dressing rooms now, and mark was having his makeup done by a stylist, at the far back corner of the room, far from where the others were.

donghyuck was watching from afar, though, noticing the boy zoning out, his knee bouncing and more anxious body language.

he was worried about mark. he'd never be like this before comebacks. he was always hyper and excited, riling everyone up and happy.

he knew some of the other boys had noticed some things being off too, so it wasn't just him being hyperaware of mark.

donghyuck: 🫵👍❓

mark: 👌🙂

donghyuck: 🧐🤨

mark: 🤞

donghyuck: 🫂❓

mark: 😯😯

donghyuck: ❓❓❓

mark: 🫂🔜

donghyuck: 😁

mark: 🫵🤲🧋➡️🐯❓🥺

donghyuck: 😐

mark: 🥺🥺😢😢

donghyuck: 🙄👍

mark: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

-
when he saw the makeup artist leave mark's mirror, donghyuck was straight to his feet, grabbing the boy's drink, and bounding across the room.

he placed the cup on the boy's table, before throwing his arms around his shoulders, "hair looks good."

mark smiled through the mirror, gently holding one of donghyuck's hands that hung over him, ontop of his chest.

the two stayed in silence, as donghyuck comforted him, breaking away with a pat on the chest.

"chill out."

-

chill was the last thing mark could be right now.

beads of sweat forming on his forehead before he'd even entered the stage, as his knees felt weak against the bathroom wall.

his heart racing, as it felt as if it would break through his ribs at any second. as he tried to stay stood, leaning himself on the sink, his legs felt weak and faint.

mark could barely breathe. his eyes were glazed, and he felt dizzy and sick. his throat felt tight and his jaw was trembling to the point of pain.

he tried to stop himself, but couldnt, when he slid down the wall and onto the floor. the sound of his heart pounding in his head was enough to drive him insane, so he covered his ears with flat palms and shut his eyes, letting the tears fall.

he hadnt felt like this in years.

one of the last times mark had a bad attack like this was a few years back, when his schedules were packed, and he had no time to focus on himself, that he drove himself insane.

this time, he didnt know what was wrong with him. he felt weak, and he had to be on the stage in ten minutes.

it was times like this, where mark wished he was back home.