thirtytwo

mark smiled as he walked through the doors of the dorm. he first made his way to his room, unpacking necessities, and leaving things like clothes and shoes he could leave until tomorrow.

it was around 1am now, and he was almost sure donghyuck was asleep. he would've come out and greeted everyone by now.

but he still didnt want to break his promise.

he grabbed a hoodie, his backpack and a charger, before throwing it over his shoulder and walking to his neighbouring bedroom.

with a quiet knock, he recieved no answer, but the door was slightly ajar. he pushed it slowly, trying to avoid creaking, to not wake the boy.

he smiled, seeing donghyuck fast asleep, his arms sprawled out and his head facing the ceiling.

his tv was left on, playing one of donghyuck's weird netflix series' that mark could never take interest in. he could tell the boy had tried to stay up, but fallen asleep.

he nodded, putting his bag on the floor. as if he'd reserved a space, donghyuck had left room on his bed, giving him an opportunity.

pulling his hood over his head, and pulling the strings to make his hoodie tighter, he sat on the edge of the latter's bed, crawling in next to him.

donghyuck moved slightly, as mark moved his arm so he could lay comfortably on the pillow. he heard the boy mumble something to himself, but didnt wake up.

something about laying next to donghyuck, feeling him so comfortable in his presence, had always made mark feel so happy. he looked to his side, seeing his lips slightly separated, and his chest slowly moving along with his breaths.

he took a moment to lean over and plug in his phone, before taking the corner of the covers, moving in closer to donghyuck.

the boy had always slept like a baby. nothing could interrupt his slumber.

not even mark gently throwing his legs over him, and laying his head on his shoulder. not even that.

mark felt the boy's hands fall down in an attempt to subconsciously hold him, as he let his eyes shut and pulled the covers tighter over the two of them.

"mmh-" donghyuck mumbled, his hips moving and waist attempting to twist.

"shh. it's me.." mark replied, not really knowing if the boy was awake enough to acknowledge who 'me' was, but hoping it would let him know someone was there.

'mahh..-"

mark smiled, nodding at his sleepy tone. he gently shushed the tired boy, before his body relaxed again, and mark felt his heart rate slow again.

"night.."

"goodnight, hyuck."

-

"donghyuck??" johnny asked gently, walking into the boy's room, noticing movement, "have you seen mark? taeyong seems to think he's ran aw-"

mark groaned, raising his arm and motioning for johnny to leave.

"oh shit- goodnight-"