five

As if Isa had predicted it, Louise was calling me within half an hour. Louise has been my manager since I met her at 19 and to be honest I owe her a ton.

"Melody. What have I missed?" Was what I was greeted with when I eventually picked up the phone.

"What happened to hello?" I joked into the phone but when she didn't reply I realised she was definitely rolling her eyes behind the screen.

"Not a lot honestly, the race was good but I'm keen to head back home and start working on some new songs." I admitted waiting for a response.

She let out a sigh and Isa watched nervously, we were sat in the living room of my suite. The hotel room was nice and must've been expensive but it didn't compare to home.

"You know you have to stay longer now right?" Louise states.

"Well why's that?"

"Oh well I don't know. Your brother won the first Grand Prix of the season. You're flirting with a hot Ferrari driver and you're getting an insane amount of new fans." Louise rambled on trying to persuade me to stay.

"I'm not flirting with a Ferrari driver." I fired back at her.

"You didn't deny he was hot though did you?" She quizzed.

"Bye Louise." I threatened, pretending I was done with the conversation.

"No no melody I swear to god go to another Grand Prix and you won't regret it I promise you, it's furthering your career massively and-

Before she finished her sentence, Isa had walked over the sofa and clicked hang up. She didn't want to hear anything more Louise had to say.

Isa and Louise never got on, Isa saw Louise as someone who constantly put me in situations that made me miserable. And Louise always saw Isa as someone who made me get in trouble.

"You're welcome." Isa declared as she walked over to my room and got dressed from random clothing in my suitcase that she found earlier on.

I chuckled and sat down on the sofa to see what all the fuss was about for myself.

Charles Leclerc has started following you.

I see.

Well, two can play at this game why not ruffle Louises' feathers again.

melody verstappen is now following Charles Leclerc

As Isa left to find Carlos I went off to congratulate Max in person, I hardly saw him yesterday due to the craziness on the track and obviously Charles.

Max was staying two blocks over from me in Bahrain so it wasn't a particularly long walk away but it was a long enough drive in the traffic for me to put makeup on to cover my cheek.

"Melody. It's about time." Max joked as I exited the Uber and walked over to the lobby of his hotel where he was waiting.

"Traffic was bad, apologies."

"Still can't drive can you?" Max bullied me as we went up to his room, when he's racing he hardly leaves his hotel unless it's for training purposes because of his love for gaming.

Nerdy? Yes it is.

"I can't drive but do you know what? At least I leave the house." I remarked and he rolled his eyes, and that's siblings for you.

Growing up Max and I never had the access to games or any sort of gaming console so of course Max is a bit behind on the childhood front and fills his hours with FIFA.

As the elevator took us to his floor and we entered his grand suite I was greeted by no other than Kelly.

"Melody!," Kelly almost screeched running over to embrace me in a hug "Oh my gosh have I missed you."

"I've missed you too! I was heartbroken to not see you yesterday." I admitted to her, Kelly is my brothers girlfriend, they've been together for three years or so and she's the best thing that has ever happened to Max.

"Well I know why I didn't see you little miss Ferrari." She quipped grabbing her phone and showing me the Instagram comment from a certain someone.

"Wait what?" Max asked as he locked the door and grabbed Penelope.

Penelope. My sweet little P. Penelope is Kelly's daughter from a previous relationship but I see her as my own niece and she sees me as her auntie and I wouldn't want it any other way.

"Penelope!" I squealed kneeling down as she ran to me and held onto my neck practically pushing me down.

"Auntie Mel!" She squealed in excitement, I don't see her anywhere near as much as I should and I am deeply regretful for that.

She was dressed in a beautiful fairy dress, her current obsession fairies. She had large golden wings on with a baby pink and yellow dress on that really honestly made me feel underdressed.

"No no let's not change the subject here, Mel what's going on with Charles?" Kelly wiggled her brows as she asked, Max confused as to what she's referencing to.

"Someone tell me what's going on," Max asked puzzled "Isn't this supposed to be about me anyway? I'm the Bahrain winner I haven't heard any congratulation Mel."

I rolled my eyes "If you actually saw my Instagram you would be able to answer both of those questions."

"Mel! Look at my room! Look at my room!" Before I knew it I was being dragged away to see Penelope's section of the hotel room, it was scattered with dolls and pink.

"Oh my gosh this is beautiful P. Almost as nice as your room at home." I smiled down at her, Max and Kelly moved in together a year ago and Max honestly has taken pen in as his own.

"Play with me?" She asked and before I could even respond I was involved in her tea party, 3 pretend muffins later and 5 princess curtsies later Max was caught up on the drama and came to get me.

"Penelope may I speak to Melody for two minutes?" Max asked her and Penelope eventually agreed.

He didn't look too happy.