forty four

"Tonight we have a very special guest, an incredibly talented musician, a beautiful model and the princess of the formula one paddocks, Melody Verstappen everybody!" Jimmy introduced me grinning from ear to ear.

It was such a fever dream to speak to him in real life and him be exactly how he comes across on television, so kind and effortlessly funny.

"Oh my gosh what a greeting. I could get used to that." I joked sitting down in the famous blue chair next to his little table.

"Melody, so so grateful to have you on the show! You've made such a big impact on the world this year." Jimmy smiled.

"Thank you, I mean I can't say I really see it that way but it's appreciated." I told him laughing slightly and he shook his head.

"No don't even, you have dominated this years music industry. Early May you released your second album 'adoration', and every single one of those songs was in the top 11 spots in iTunes." He applauded and I just smiled.

"So how old were you when you released your album?" He asked as the crowd had stopped clapping.

"My first album, the first child was released when I was twenty but I wrote it at nineteen, but honestly I don't listen to it anymore it was kind of just a starting album." I shrugged.

"But 'hopeful' has won many awards, you may not like it but everyone else did," Jimmy spoke as the crowd nodded along "I mean speaking for myself here I loved it."

"Thank you."

"So is your new album your favourite?" Jimmy asked.

"Absolutely hands down. I think it's the one that felt most meaningful to me, there's so much meaning behind each word and each pause. I knew it was going to be a bit different to the other two so yeah I'm happy it's payed off." I admitted.

"Is this to do with who this album was dedicated to?" Jimmy asked as I covered my face shyly.

"I think that's answer enough. So the day the album was released you properly confirmed your relationship with Charles Leclerc who drives for Ferrari and your fans went absolutely mental." Jimmy acknowledged.

"Oh yeah I mean lots of them had figured it out I was getting hundreds of dms a day asking about him." I told Jimmy.

"So how did you guys first meet? Obviously he drives alongside your brother on the grid but not on the same team?"

"So I knew of him since I was like six because he'd constantly been driving against Max and they used to be like little rivals on the track but I properly spoke to him in Bahrain." I explained to Jimmy.

"They were rivals growing up? How come?" Jimmy asked and I laughed at his reaction.

"I don't know, they were just both good at driving and always in each others way, I've seen so many videos of them on TikTok talking badly about eachother  when they were kids it's so funny." I laughed.

"I've seen the inchident one probably a thousand times." Jimmy agreed laughing with me.

"So how did Max react when you guys were dating?" Jimmy wondered.

"He was confused but when Charles had approval from Kelly's daughter soon to be Maxs step daughter Penelope he was all good with it. They get on well now so." I shrugged.

"Yes your brother just got engaged! That's wonderful news yes?" He asked smiling still, honestly the mans face must kill after work.

"I was in tears! I even knew he was going to propose and still cried when Kelly called me afterwards. They're so lovely together so yeah I'm really happy for them." I told him truthfully.