twenty five

We walked up to her doorstep and before we could even knock the door was opened by one of Charles' brothers "Hello you two."

I'd met Pascale before when Charles was in hospital and we'd chat in the waiting room for ages but I'd never actually met his brothers so I was kind of nervous.

"Hi I'm melody." I smiled as he opened his arms for a hug "Arthur, nice to meet you." He responded.

"Let them inside Arth it's cold out there." Pascale shouted from somewhere in the house, earning a chuckle from me.

"Apologies. Come on come in." He said ushering us towards the kitchen where Charles' other brother Lorenzo was.

"As if Melody verstappen is with my brother," Lorenzo joked "Charles you're punching mate."

"Oh I know." Charles smiled holding me closer to him as I shook my head.

"Sit, sit, the foods coming out now." Pascale rushed in and the boys followed her command.

"Do you need any help? I can set the table." I offered and she smiled widely at me.

"Better manners on you than all three of my own children, but I can manage Mel thank you." She responded.

I wasn't taking that for an answer "I'm not having that Pascale let me at least set the table."

I grabbed the cutlery and began putting it out on the table, the boys were deep in conversation as I started putting place mats down.

Charles put his hand on my arm "Let me do it Mel, sit down."

I shook my head "I've got it don't worry." I reassured him, he gets very nervous about me these days.

Once that was done I sat down in the chair next to Charles and his mother brought the food over and placed it on the table.

"Dig in!," Pascale spoke referring to the spaghetti bolognaise she had put on the table "Melody would you like some red wine?"

I smiled "I would love some but I can't at the moment, thank you though." Charles placed his hand on my thigh.

Pascale wiggled her eyebrows "Is this how you decide to tell us that we have a baby leclerc on the way?"

I practically choked on my pasta.

"Mum!" Charles responded.

"Oh yeah mums super desperate for some grand children." Lorenzo admitted laughing.

"Have you guys talked about any kids at least?" Pascale asked us.

"We have but I don't think it's in the near future, if it happens it happens but we aren't planning on it." Charles responded to her and she immediately frowned.

"Yeah I think we're aiming for a world championship and another album by then, sorry to disappoint Pascale." I replied looking at Charles from the corner of my eye who was laughing.

"I suppose I can wait." Pascale said as she took a sip of her wine.

"So melody how come you can't drink any wine?" Arthur asked me genuinely intrigued.

"It messes around with my medication and it gives me really odd side affects." I explained and he nodded.

"What medication are you on?" Lorenzo asked and I could see the daggers Charles was giving him.

"Honestly it feels like a bit of everything these days, I can't pronounce half of them but I take 6 a day and I do an injection once every two weeks." I admitted and Pascales eyes were wide.