seven

"Melody it's been a while since we have heard a song from you, any hints for the new album?"

"Thought on Rihanna's new song?"

"When are we going to see you on the runway again Melody?"

"Miss Verstappen, what is your current relationship with Charles Leclerc?"

"Ferrari or Redbull?"

——————————————————————
The airport was beyond chaotic this morning, people were heading here there and everywhere.

I was practically swarmed by paparazzi the minute I stepped out of the car to the moment the plane opened and I got to my seat, thankfully in first class nobody really cares who you are.

Within minutes of getting on the flight I had my headphones in and my pills were taken, to say I'm a nervous flyer is an understatement even if it means I end up back home in Monaco.

"Are you okay- I mean you don't look very well?" A voice said as I unscrewed my shut eyes to see Charles sitting down next to me.

"Charles?"

"Melody?"

"Are you stalking me or something? This is getting out of hand." I sarcastically spoke at him as I turned up the sound to my AirPods.

"I could say the same thing, coming into my room and now flying to my home country?" He joked getting out his phone.

"I'm going home actually, not that it's really any of your business." I responded as I turned up the volume again.

"Nervous flyer?" He asked, I could only just about hear him now.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Well you're being stand off ish and you're tapping your hands against your joggers in some sort of pattern. Nervous tic?" He wondered and he was pretty much bang on.

"Yeah I don't like planes, or movement really. I'm prone to motion sickness." I shrugged sinking down in my seat into a more comfortable position.

"Opposite to your brother then?" He asked me, honestly I wish he'd stop with the question it's making me ancy.

"Yep."

"What's the chances of me literally being sat next to you. The press is going to have a field day with this one. A field day." Charles commented and then I was intrigued

"All I have heard about for the past 3 days is you, questions about you and all of that sort of thing. It's wild. I talk to a guy once and we're practically married." I responded and he nodded, he'd experienced the same.

He looked at me apologetically "It was a harmless comment, I apologise honestly I didn't think it would blow up like that."

"No I liked it."

He looked up at that "You- you did?"

"Yeah, I mean I do love the colour red, but family is family so no Ferrari hats for me anytime soon I'm afraid." I shyly smiled at him as his smile also grew larger.

"I see how it is. Maybe I could change your mind?" He took his chance.

"My brother would kill me."

"Why?" He pondered.

"Because he thinks your his biggest competition, you're the reason he works so hard. He's been threatened by you for years but he would never admit it now." I told him truthfully, not sure if it was the pills that don't really help anything talking.

"I'm a loyal redbull fan."

"We'll see about that, so tell me where abouts do you live in Monaco?" He changed the subject quickly when he realised I wasn't budging.

"Stalker."

He groaned "God sake. I'm just intrigued, I've never seen you out there and trust me I would remember if I had."

"Oh?"

"Don't make me say it Mel." He chuckled, throwing a hand through his brown hair as he smiled.

"Say what?"

"You're so god damn clueless." He admitted sitting back into his seat for take off, I didn't exactly know what he meant by that so I enjoyed the silence as take off began.

10 minutes later my eyes were still closed and my body still hadn't relaxed, I don't like the lack of control.

"You can let go now, or not- if you don't want to of course," Charles started "I sound like a dick now uh- it's just my hands sweaty and kind of gross-

Confused as to what he was on about I opened one of my eyes and peeped down to see my hand practically cutting off the blood circulation in his fingers "Oh my god I'm so sorry!"

My hand was pulled towards me instantly "No no it's fine, it's like a reflex reaction." He smiled down at me, even sat down he appeared tall.

"Im embarrassed, why am I always flustered in our encounters?" I joked.

"I don't know, but it's pretty cute." He smiled putting his eye mask on, the flight from Bahrain to Monaco was quite a trek so I don't know why I was so disappointed to stop talking to him.

Hours had seemingly passed when I woke up from my nap, Charles was no longer dressed in the comfy looking hoody he was in earlier but I was.

"Sorry- I had to wake you. We're landing in 15 minutes and I thought you'd have a heart attack to be awoken to the jolting." He whispered to me as if he'd also been asleep not long ago.

"I appreciate it. You know that's probably the best sleep I've had in weeks." I added rubbing my eyes slightly, my neck was aching from the uncomfortable position on my chair.

"How come?" He asked, genuinely intrigued.

I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding in "I stress out watching Max race, he's kind of all I have and I really really didn't want to see my dad so I guess I was just anticipating the worst."

The way he seemed to listen to me, the way he took in every single word that I said. My heart fluttered.

He put on his glasses and sighed "I'm sorry it's such a negative experience for you."

"I feel like I need to pay for your therapy, every time I talk to you you're apologising for something." I admitted watching him intently.

"Don't say that Mel," he stuck out his hand over the divider keeping our seats separate "do you want to hold my hand?"

"I didn't mean to earlier honestly you don't have to offer-

I was cut off instantly "Melody will you please hold mine then?" Charles asked sincerely, so I did. 

I think I love Charles Leclerc.