fifty three

Over the month of October and majority of November I kept myself in the comfort that was Paris, I kept myself safe and cut off Charles completely.

Despite blocking his contact he was still finding ways to contact me, I had a new Instagram message from him every single day but I just ignored them all.

"Melody!!" Penelope squealed at the top of her lungs holding her arms out to hug me, I hadn't seen the small girl in months.

"Pen!!!" I squealed back in catering without a care in the world, today was the day of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The last race of the season had arrived and Max and Charles were both close to winning it, whoever won the race today would be the world champion.

This is the first time that championships had been riding on the points of world championship, whoever was in P1 today would win it and if neither of them came first whoever is higher up would win.

"Melody, I'm so glad you came today. We need the support in the paddock." Kelly smiled as I carried Penelope around as we talked.

She whispered "So have you seen him today?"

"Nope, hoping I won't at all."

"Me and you both." She joked as we sat down in the catering room amongst all the other Wags and drivers families.

Isa came over minutes later and sat down, Kelly and Isa had never really given each other a chance to get on and it was something I didn't understand but today they set their own feelings aside.

"I'm so proud of you for coming today Mel." Isa said smiling largely, she was dressed in a Ferrari top and black cargos.

"If im singing at the FIA awards ceremony I feel it's appropriate to come to the final Grand Prix." I shrugged and they both nodded.

"Auntie Mel where's uncle Charlie?" Penelope suddenly asked climbing up to sit on my lap, I was dressed in a black long sleeved dress that went to my mid thigh- not really showing support for a certain team.

I didn't know how to approach the situation so Kelly saved me "He's getting ready to drive pen. Im sure you will see him today at some point."

Lie

"Yay!" Penelope smiled hugely at me and my heart was breaking all over again, I didn't really think about the effect he had on her.

The race was at 13:00 so we had around half an hour to kill so we all decided to go and walk through some fans, which was risky business at the moment.

Many people were shocked to see me there including interviewers for sky sports "Melody Verstappen do you have a moment for an interview?" A woman asked.

I couldn't really say no to these things and I was pretty confident she was the same lady I spoke to a few weeks ago in Mexico.

"We spoke a few weeks back and I asked about your predictions for the week or who you'd rather win has any of that changed since then?" She quizzed.

"I honestly don't know, both of them could still win this. It's crazy how this season has all lead up just one race honestly." I smiled at her but I know that's not the response she wanted.

"You don't seem to be in any supporting colours today, so who are you supporting Max or Charles?" She pushed.

"You know today I'm here supporting red bull so I'd love a win for max." I remained very calm and tried to keep negativity off Charles.

"So today we are team brother, how's your boyfriend taking that?" She kept digging and I finally gave up on being diplomatic.

"Well my ex has a tendency to kiss girls when he's annoyed so maybe he will do that." I told her and she grinned widely, she had the inside scoop now.

"It's been quite the season in formula one and quite the year for you as well, are you done with Ferrari now?" The woman asked.

Despite Charles now being my past, I didn't want it to come across like I was being a bitchy ex girlfriend until I saw her.

The girl in the photo who he kissed in Mexico walking through the paddocks into the Ferrari garage to Charles I'm sure.

"Look I have a lot of love for Ferrari still, Frank is an incredible team principle and Carlos Sainz is an incredible driver."

"More love for Ferrari than your ex boyfriend Charles Leclerc hm?" She pushed.

"Some could say." I shrugged as she finally finished the interview.

I continued over to the red bull paddock where I was greeted by Christian Horner, unlucky I know.

"Melody nice to see you back with the better team." He said holding out his hand for a handshake.

"Yeah yeah. Nice to see you." I rolled my eyes and dismissed his hand.

"So you're done with the enemy?" He asked hopeful and I nodded along.

"It's actually worked out well- well not for you. But your brother is even more motivated for the win today. He wants to ruin him and I'm loving it." Christian chuckled walking out past me.

cock.

"I'm going to win this for you melody, all I want to do is fucking beat him and unfortunately for me I can't do that anywhere else but on the track." Max growled he was sat in the car in the zone already.

"Alright let's not kill anyone though yeah?" I joked and he rolled his eyes and put his helmet on and he was off for the starting position.

I stood bedsides Kelly under the large screen in the paddock as I held Penelope who put her red bull hat on me cutely "Look auntie Mel!" She pointed on the screen to see us.

The commentators were having a field day:

"Today we have Melody Verstappen in the red bull paddock in support of her brother as she confirmed the break up with Charles Leclerc earlier on today, it's going to be an interesting one for her."

The race began and Max was absolutely dominating, the radio was brutal he was cussing out everyone. As soon as Charles got close to his car Max was pissed, he wanted a good win.

My brother driver Max had led for almost all of the race and had been on course to win a third world driver championship.

But he was overtaken on the final lap by Leclerc after a safety car came on the track to deal with a Nicholas Latifi crash that happened just five laps from the end.

Charles, who was in second at the time, changed his tyres during the delay, while Max stayed out in the lead to keep track position on his older set, there were initially five lapped cars between the two title contenders in the queue behind the safety car.

The red bull paddock was going ape shit as the race director decided that only those five should be allowed to unlap themselves instead of all lapped cars as they did usually.

So Charles had fresher tyres and then went on to win his first ever world driver championship despite Max being in the lead for practically the whole race, dickheads.

Max was raging when he got out of the car "Fuck that. What the fucking hell?"

Kelly rushed over to him to talk as I held onto Penelope who was excitedly watching Charles on the television in front of us as he celebrated with a wide smile on his face.

"Melody. I'm sorry." Max mumbled as he came over to give me a hug which was kind of odd as we didn't usually hug, I knew he was sorry.