ten

————————————————————————
melody_verstappen:

Liked by 7,803,472 people melody_vertsappen: a photo of me and isa comparing tongues

melody_vertsappen: a photo of me and isa comparing tongues.

Comments

carlossainz: I'm uncomfortable.
Florencepugh: cuties!!!!
username28: waiting for charles to comment
formula1fan: she is responsible for maxs impeccable driving this season and I stand by that.
khloekardashian: 💕💕💕
kellypiquet: penelope laughed at this so hard
- melody_verstappen: she's so cute. ty for letting me borrow your earrings 🫶
Ferrari: 😭
User273949: she tries too hard to be funny
melody.fandom: Ferraris comment 👀
————————————————————————

It didn't take much to convince Isa to go with me to the party considering she was dressed and ready to go, and already in my hotel room before I even got there.

Paracetamol is such a bae.

"I don't like the thought of being here without Max or Kelly." I admitted to Isa as she grabbed my hand as we made our way through the crowded venue.

"You'll be fine!!" Isa shouted over the blasting music as we reached the end of the room, the vip section where all the drivers were.

"Melvin you came!" Lewis bellowed coming over to greet me as Carlos sat down with Isa on her lap within seconds.

"That's what he said." I heard the Aussie accent before I turned to see Daniel, Daniel Riccardo the funniest driver on the grid.

I began to greet everyone, I wanted to do Max proud and be nice to everyone though it was hard when I couldn't really see anyone and my feet had started to hurt within half an hour of me being there.

Heels are a killer.

As soon as I was sat, a tequila in my hand the boy on the left started speaking to me "Um hey, I'm Lando. I uh drive for Mclaren and I'm kind of-

"Melody! What are you doing here?" Charles asked as he sat down in between me and Lando cutting him off completely.

"Lewis asked if I was going to come out earlier, thought I'd take him up on it. Haven't been out in a while and could do with a drink." I smiled up at him.

"You sure Isa didn't drag you out?" He asked me as we looked over to see her absolutely murdering the karaoke machine with Carlos.

I shrugged "Kels idea actually."

Charles nodded, "I'm going to get a drink. Do you want a refill?" He asked gesturing to my almost empty glass.

I smiled and nodded "Please."

As soon as he'd gotten up Lando began speaking again "Yeah so im new to McLaren and I don't think I'd ever met you before so I wanted to introduce myself."

"Im sorry you were cut off earlier. Im Melody nice to meet you too. Ive seen you around actually." I smiled politely.

He laughed a little "Looking for me hey?"

I shook my head "Nope just never have any clue where I'm going, you had a good race today though congratulations."

"Thank you, I mean your boyfriend did like way better than-

"My- my boyfriend?" I asked him slightly confused, fuck maybe the alcohol is already going to my head.

I'm such a lightweight.

"Yeah. You and Charles. Boyfriend and girlfriend?" Lando quizzed slightly confused to my reaction.

"You're mistaken there."

Lando was immediately embarrassed "I'm so sorry! I just assumed. You know all the articles and-

Thankfully Charles was back before he began full on rambling "Your drink Melody." He said putting it on the table.

"You took your time." I smugly replied placing the drink up to my mouth and downing it in one.

"Planning on forgetting tonight huh?" He asked watching my face scrunch up at the harsh alcohol in my throat.

I shook my head "No I just want to be at home to be honest. Sooner I drink these the sooner I can get home."

"Ouch," He replied sarcastically "Don't want to spend any time with second place racers I get it."

I jokingly poked him in the rib "Shut it you."

As the night went on I stayed sat talking to Charles, he's unlike anyone I've ever met before. The conversation is just so effortless and easy.

The drinks were flowing and so was the conversation, it was around 3am when we realised we were the last people out. Isa had left around midnight with Carlos and the others began leaving slowly after.

Groaning I stood up "I'm going to be absolutely ruined tomorrow, this is your fault."

He chuckled helping to keep me steady "You think we can get you to the car?"

"What car? I didn't drive here, I don't even drive at all." I laughed at him as if he'd said something funny.

"No my car, it's over the road but I'm not confident in your ability to cross roads, and I don't fancy peeling you off the road in this state."

"Well we can't go home in your car. You've been drinking too." I explained holding my finger up to his face.

He shook his head "I'm an F1 driver trust me, I can drive in any condition."

"Nope I'm not having that. Guess we will have to walk." I exclaimed as we got to the exit of the building the party was held in, stumbling as I moved forward.

Without any warning Charles flung me over his shoulder with ease and began walking back to the hotel, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I giggled as we began walking, well as he began walking.

He continued to talk to me but I took very little in as I was practically asleep within minutes, "Melody?" He asked, but that was the last I remembered as I drifted off in his arms.