fifty two

"I seriously love this apartment." Isa sprawled out over my sofa that I had been permanently attached to for the past week.

"I'm sorry it's messy- I haven't-

"It's okay mel. Don't worry about it." Isa smiled at me with kind eyes, I told her not to fly out but she wasn't having it and came out anyway.

It was for my own good so I wasn't complaining, I hadn't spoken to anyone for a week. Not my brother, Kelly, any friends from home. not a soul.

"No serious I should've cleaned-

"Mel calm down your apartment is lovely." She lied, I still hadn't unpacked my suitcases properly so clothes were sprawled over the floor.

Takeout cardboard was scattered across my kitchen with plates I didn't have the energy to wash, I hadn't showered in a week either.

I sat down next to her as she held her arms out for me to hug her "Charles has been calling Carlos all week."

I signed "And what's he been saying?"

"I told Carlos not to respond, out of sight out of mind. We're all ignoring him." Isa responded quietly stroking my greasy hair.

"Oh Isa he doesn't have to- they're teammates." I told her and she shook her head.

"No he doesn't condone cheating whatsoever. He doesn't want to speak to him either." Isa promised holding out her pinky.

"It's my fault I'm so sorry." I told her and she looked at me confusedly.

"What is your fault?"

"I wasn't a good enough person for him. I'd cheat on me too I just wish he would've told me rather than going out to kiss girls-

"Melody I wish you could see how worthy you are of good things, of genuine love, of deep connection, of happiness. You are worth so much more than you've been made to feel in the past, and your past experiences don't define your future or your ability to be loved the right way, to be loved at all." Isa squeezed me close to her as she spoke her feelings.

"I don't think I'm worthy of love Isa, my father never loved me and neither did Charles. the only difference between them is I knew where I stood when it came to my dad. I genuinely thought Charles loved me." I explained to her sadly.

"I just hope one day you find it in yourself to open up your heart again, even just a tiny bit because someone out there, millions of people out there believe you are worthy of love." Isa told me again.

I need to give this girl a pay raise.

Heartbreak is grief that comes in waves, gruelling, stealing appetite and sleep alike. It is like a shard stuck firmly in your heart that never leaves, eventually the edges just dull.

"Mel as your manager, I think you need to post something. You can disable comments and such but just put something up so people stop worrying about you, because your fans are going absolutely feral." Isa told me holding my hand firmly.

————————————————————————
melody_verstappen:

Liked by 80,287,994 people melody_verstappen: mood recently

melody_verstappen: mood recently

comments disabled
________________________________

"I mean that's the truest post you've ever done." Isa joked and I laughed slightly too.

"Reckon people will think I'm still with him because it's the cats?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Nope people saw them with you at the airport."

"Oh right."

"So, the question is are you coming to Brazil for the Grand Prix?" Isa asked suddenly.

I grimaced "I truly want nothing to do with it at all."

"I would stay with you in the paddocks, hell I'd stay in the redbull paddock with you. I mean Carlos would understand." Isa promised but I shook my head.

"No I can't Isa. But I'm not stopping you from going, I'll watch from home but I can't bring myself to go."

Isa sighed "I expected that, I hope this hasn't ruined your formula one experience for life I mean, I need a race buddy still."

Isa was the one person in my life who made me feel a little sane, she always had an answer to my problems.

After long discussions of grand prixs and the last couple of races of the season I agreed to go to the Abu Dhabi gp in late November so I could have some time to heal before watching Max win.

"So the real question is Melody when's the last time you showered? We're going out tonight." Isa laughingly asked standing up from the sofa.

"I don't want to." I groaned running my hands though my hair that had knotted incredibly.

"No we are going out and we are going to have a bloody good time. We need to get you out of this house have a drink and a laugh. You'll be right as rain afterwards yeah?" She assured me tapping my bum forwards to the bathroom for a shower.

I rolled my eyes but did accordingly, I had a shower and got dressed into a white summery dress that probably wasn't weather appropriate but I didn't care, it was cute.

"Melody baby!!!! Look at you!!!" Isa squealed as I came out of my room, I'd done my hair and makeup for the first time since the breakup and it was weirdly refreshing.

"Shush you." I joked, I didn't really acknowledge how dressed up Isa was when she arrived but it made more sense now, her floral dress was beautiful. Pink was her colour.

We walked around for a while before finding a cute restaurant that was covered in fairy lights, it was magical looking.

————————————————————————
Isahernaez:

Liked by 20,192,482 people Isahernaez: my date is pretty cute ✨@melody_verstappen

Isahernaez: my date is pretty cute ✨@melody_verstappen

comments:

melodyfan1839: that breakup glow is unreal
➡️ user2739: I don't think they broke up?

ferrarifan101: is she still with Charles??

dovecameron: my girl!!!

carlossainz: melody's always stealing my girl

user18394: she looks like she's gained a couple pounds.

melodymoo.12: she's in paris!!!!! my friend just sent me a photo of her!!!

________________________________