forty five

October 5th

I was now back home in Monaco, the day after Jimmy Fallon as promised. Charles hadn't responded to any of my calls or texts and it was freaking me out immensely.

Which is why I was more shocked to come home and he had already left for Qatar when he was supposed to leave tomorrow.

Secretive? I think so.

I double checked everything, second guessing maybe he was just out for lunch or with his family but his suitcase was gone and his clothes had been packed.

"This is unusual. What's wrong?" Carlos asked jokingly.

"I can't make it to Qatar as I'm sure Isa has said, will you keep an eye on Charles for me." I asked him.

"I mean yeah but why?" Carlos questioned.

"I think he's upset with me, don't worry about it though. Thank you Carlos." I said hanging up before he could say anything else.

This was going to be a long weekend.
________________________________
October 8th 2023

For the first time in a little while, I felt alone. It had been days since I'd seen or heard from Charles who still wasn't responding to me.

The cars arrival this morning made it easier but they just aren't the same as real people, I messaged Charles to tell him about it but it was ignored.

A few days ago he was actually reading my texts and not responding now he's flat out ignoring me altogether.

I was sat in the doctors waiting room watching the tv screen as the Grand Prix would be starting within the hour so I quickly posted to my story as I knew people would be concerned I wasn't there.

————————————————————————
Melody_verstappen:

————————————————————————Melody_verstappen:

________________________________

"Ah melody, follow me." Doctor Lèa smiled as she took me to her room which id been in a lot over this year.

"So I'm going to do a blood test to examine some of your levels and it will also tell me if you're pregnant. Based on those results I will be able to conclude what medication is necessary and-

"I don't think im pregnant. What am I going to do if im pregnant?" I began to worry out loud completely cutting off my doctor.

"Well uh-

"I mean Charles wants kids but not right now- but then why have I been looking at baby clothes on line for the past two weeks? Do I actually want a baby? Maybe. No. Yes I don't know." I rambled as my doctor sat and looked me at me confused.

"Melody. If you let me test you I will be able to tell you alright?" She joked as she got prepared for the needle.

"I'm sorry I'm just anxious. I don't think I want a baby right now but my friend has been getting in my head and I keep thinking about how cute a baby Charles would be-

"Okay melody this is going to be a slight prick in one two three." She said sticking the needle in my arm slowly.

I'd had enough blood tests this year alone to tell you it isn't a little prick, but it wasn't that bad either.

Léa let me ramble on for ages as she collected in my blood "I watched you on Jimmy Fallon a couple of days ago, you did very well."

"Oh thanks. It was surreal for sure." I told her and she smiled softly as she got out paper work.

"I feel the need to say however that given your current medical condition a tour next year isn't advisable." She stated.

"Really? Even if you increase my dose or whatever today?" I asked her confusedly and she nodded.

"I'm not telling you that it's absolutely not an option but I think it's a lot on your plate-

"You think I'm a wreck huh?" I asked her chuckling to myself a bit, I would if I were her.

"No, not at all. You're one of my strongest patients." She claimed, but of course all doctors are trying to do is make you feel better.

"Hmm." I sighed still sat waiting for my results, usually these things take days or even weeks but I'd paid extra for it to be done quickly.

Within ten minutes my results had come back and my doctor was making her way through them as she began to tell the news.

My heart going a hundred miles an hour.

"Okay so your dosage needs to be a little bit higher, I'm going to ask you to take two pills a day now instead of one in so your prescription will be double now." She smiled tapping away on her laptop.

"So I'm not pregnant?" I asked double checking, not exactly sure what answer I wanted.

"No. But melody I mustn't have said before but having hyperthyroidism can cause a lot of issues during pregnancy it can cause harm to the mother and the developing baby. Among the complications of hyperthyroidism in pregnancy are miscarriage, early labor, low weight of the newborn, heart failure in the mother and thyroid storm.." Léa explained.

"Oh- so can I even have kids like one day?" I asked her kind of upset by that news.

"You can but it's a major risk. I'm not sure it's something I'd advise well not now but in the future your chances of anything bad happening should lower- I'm sorry." She saddened her face as tears were in my eyes.

"No that's okay. I don't know why I'm upset-

"That's alright melody. Now go home and watch that boyfriend of yours win his race." She smiled at me kindly, her eyes said many words to me.

He wouldn't care if I watched it or not.

"Thank you." I said quietly picking up my prescription from her and walking back home, I still can't even drive.