twelve

CHARLES POV:

My heart keeps missing beats and my hands cannot bring her close enough to me. I taste her and realise I have been starving. I have loved before, but it didn't feel like this. I have kissed before, but it didn't burn me alive.

Maybe it lasts a minute and maybe it's an hour. All I know is that kiss, and how soft her skin is when it brushes against mine, and that even if I did not know it until recently, I have been waiting for this girl forever.

"Melody, I've wanted to do that since the moment you came into my room in Bahrain." I breathed heavily, my forehead still against her.

Her beautiful innocent eyes looked up at me with an expression I couldn't read "Really?"

"Is is that surprising?" I asked holding her close to me, I never want to let her go.

"I never really knew if you felt the same way, I don't want to put myself on the line for something that will come back to bite me." She shrugged and stepped back, I immediately missed her warmth.

"I promise to you, this won't come back to bite you, I'm going to do everything in my power to make this work." I sweared to her.

As she began to open her mouth to respond my phone started ringing loudly in my pocket, Mel still being slightly hungover covered her ears and groaned from the noise so I left to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Charles, where are you? We have the shoot today with Fred." Carlos responded, shit I forgot about that.

"I'm uh. I'm with Melody."

There's no point in lying to Carlos because I have no idea what Mel will tell Isa.

"I saw the photos as soon as I woke up this morning. You know there's going to be a lot of fan girls that want her dead." Carlos chuckled but I didn't find it the least bit funny.

"That's what I'm worried about. Anyway- I'll be there in ten alright?"

"See you mate." Carlos hung up.

I went back to Melody's room to explain that I had to leave but she was sprawled on the bed asleep again.

How does she always look like such an Angel?

I removed the food from the tables besides the bed and put them on the coffee table in the corner of her bedroom.

I quickly scribbled a note for her and left it on the pillow, there was no point in texting her when I knew full well her phone was dead and somewhere in the bed.

Melody pov:

I slowly sat up in the bed and smiled to myself like an idiot, rubbing my eyes trying to hold onto the memories of just hours ago.

I turned to the left and saw the note on the pillow:
————————————————————————
Dear Mel,
I have a shoot that I completely forgot about (I'm sorry to cut the moment short), we'll be done by four. Do you want to do something afterwards if you're feeling up to it?
Text me when you're up

Love Charles x

P.s You're so beautiful

——————————————————————
I immediately started scouting around for my phone which happened to be buried in the foot of my bed and found Charles' contact.

Melody: I would love to but I'm watching P tonight, Max didn't get to celebrate tomorrow so they're going out tonight. Unless you want to join us for a Disney marathon and a potential tea party?

Charles responded within seconds.

Charles: I'm in.

————————————————————————
Melody_vertsappen:

Liked by 10,749,037 peoplemelody_verstappen: ☁️

melody_verstappen: ☁️

comments disabled
________________________________

I decided to take the opportunity in front of me and Instagram my breakfast that will probably end up going to waste as I'm 99.9% confident that I will throw it up if I even attempt to eat it all.

I should probably let Charles know that in the future some toast will be more than satisfactory let alone a whole damn breakfast buffet.

I put my phone down, prepared to ignore the influx of questions I'm about to have from friends and family from the post.

I eventually got out of bed and got ready for my day, I dressed comfortably in a pair of leggings and Charles' hoodie, it fits me perfectly oversized and it's just so comfy.

My hotel room was once again a suite so it was sort of more like an apartment complex than a hotel room as it had a kitchenette and a living room.

It was nicer than my Bahrain one, though I assume that's because Charles bought it for me and he went a bit all out.

Once I was somewhat ready for the day, my hair still in the plaid that Charles did. I decided to actually start looking at some songs that are half way done.

Louise has been more relaxed on the song front recently because I've been 'giving myself major publicity' and bringing in followers like crazy.

But I'm much more concerned that an album is being put out soon and I've barely done half of the songs properly.

I was sat on the sofa of the living room with sheets of paper practically everywhere and a pen in my mouth humming away when Charles entered.

"Hey Mel-

"I'm in the zone Charles. I missed you but I'm in the zone." He looked at the sprawled paper and nodded, he'd seen this happen plenty of times in the last week.

When I was on a roll I could write like 12 songs at once.

I was in this state for probably two hours after Charles came in and he respected it and sat down in the kitchen area on his phone.

"Okay, I know this is a little weird but I'm going to sing on video and send it to Louise um, it might be really bad but like just ignore it okay?" I asked him setting my phone against the wall.

"I'll be quiet mel, I know the drill."

I hit record.

"Hey Louise I've literally written this today so if it's shit, please say but I think we've got something here-  anyway."

I've climbed a thousand mountains
I've walked a thousand miles
Thrown pennies into fountains
I've hidden hurt with smiles
I don't fall in love, love falls into me
And I know what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
And deep down I just know that I belong here
All I ever wanted is this
To take a shot and know I won't miss
To hear those words come from your lips
Whatever it is, I'll take the risk
'Cause all I ever wanted is this
Out of a hundred no's, you only need one yes
There's no easy road to take me where I need to get
I've been knocked down low
They haven't beat me yet
Got everything I need right in front of me
All I ever wanted is this
To take a shot and know I won't miss
To hear those words come from your lips
Whatever it is, I'll take the risk
'Cause all I ever wanted is this oh
And I need to wish
Whatever it is, I'll take the risk
'Cause all I ever wanted is this.

"Um yeah let me know." I giggled pulling my phone back to me and sending it to Louise straight away.