six

We walked back into the main living room of the suite where Kelly was sat perched on the couch.

"So," I took a breathe "What do you want to know?"

"What's all of this stuff with Charles? The Instagram comment and the late to the podium crap?" Max asked as soon as Penelope was out of earshot.

"Honestly I just bumped into him, we had a chat and it went on longer than expected. So he was late to the podium." I shrugged.

"Swear?" Max asked me, and I was kind of confused. I didn't really understand why he's so bothered that I was talking to another driver.

"Well yeah?"

"How come you even bumped into him? Have you guys chatted before?" Kelly asked as she grabbed a glass of water from the coffee table.

"Well he was always racing Max when they were younger so I saw him around, I don't know we just got to talking and it was nice." I explained but Max wasn't buying it.

"Well you stay away from him yeah? He's a bit of a player. Always getting with his ex girlfriends bestfriends and that." Max replied as Penelope ran out to the room we were all sat in.

"You know pen, I seriously want a dress like that for my next tour." I smiled at her as she sat next to me.

She smiled widely "Really? Am I allowed to come next time?"

On my last tour a year ago Kelly deemed she was too young for a concert despite the fact she is obsessed with my music. Thankfully she doesn't actually know what any of it means yet at 4 years old.

"Um well-

"I think she's old enough. Why not make it a family trip? You let us know the dates and we will have a look." Kelly smiled at her daughter and my heart was already melted.

All I've ever wanted for Max was the happiness and comfort of a family and I feel like this is the universes way of paying him back. He deserves this.

"Hey Mel what happened to your cheek?" He asked pointing out the small cut on the side of my face from my father.

"Oh it was stupid I uh- I walked into a glass door." I lied to him. I don't even know what possessed me too, I guess I'm just still scared of my dad.

Max laughed and Kelly couldn't help but laugh too.

I think I may have just fooled them, so I laughed along too.

I stayed with them for a few more hours discussing the race and the red bull strategies that I didn't quite understand, we even discussed having Penelope come out to see me more now she's older.

But time flies when you're having fun and before I knew it Penelope was heading to bed so I knew it was my queue to leave.
————————————————————————
melody_verstappen:

————————————————————————melody_verstappen:

Liked by 3,485,009 people.
@Melodyverstappen: princess penelope, you have and will forever have the best fashion sense i've ever known ✨

comments disabled
————————————————————————

"So Melody how's max celebrating the win today?" Carlos asked me as I opposite him over dinner.

"The usual to be honest. He's playing fifa and running around after pen, he went out last night with Kelly but didn't really have as crazy a night as you did." I chuckled at him as he was still evidently hungover.

Isa poked him in the rib "P3 and he acts like he's won the world."

Carlos pouted at that but he won't remember this at all tomorrow because he is still absolutely out of it, he was out partying all night.

"Who were you with last night?" Isa asked picking at her pasta that she spent making when I was at my brothers.

He sighed and squinted his eyes "It's all a blur. All an absolute blur."

After dinner was over I went back to my room, Isa is an incredible cook, to the extent she could do it professionally if she wanted to, hence why I'm often over theres for dinner.

Third wheel central? Yes it is.

When I'm not singing my life is pretty lonely, I think it's some sort of fucked defence mechanism to protect myself from people.

At the end of the day I'm always going to have myself so I don't branch out much, other people are only ever going to hurt me so I keep myself to myself.

Sometimes it's hard, having to learn how to be your own comfort person. The only person you really trust.

So why do I keep thinking about my conversation with Charles?