eighteen

The Miami Grand Prix was right around the corner, and Charles had been busy training pretty much every day, he has a real shot at winning a world driver championship this season so he's working x10.

But whilst he was training Louise had agreed for me to do James Cordens late late show with him for an interview, and I absolutely hate doing interviews.

But it wasn't in my hands unfortunately.

"Tonight ladies and gentlemen we have a very special guest on the show, it's Melody verstappen!" 

Ducking hell.

I walked out on my cue and smiled at the audience, to be honest it wasn't a big room and the audience wasn't full but I know about the viewers at home.

"Nice to meet you Melody."

"You too James thank you for having me!"

"So right, we're going to get straight into it. For anyone who doesn't really know you how would you describe yourself?"

"Max Verstappens sister is usually the big one, No um I sing. I have two albums and my third one is coming out in two days!"

"Your family must have some seriously impressive genes, you are an incredible singer and your brother is the current world champion of formula one."

"Yeah it's pretty weird to think about actually. I'm shocking at driving though, I don't even have a license which surprises people a lot."

"You wouldn't need to if your brother was Max Verstappen though would you?"

"I think it's more reason too! He is constantly getting speeding tickets, when he used to drive me around I used to genuinely wear a helmet in the car."

"See, Melody you said he used to drive you around but who drives you around now? Does this person happen to be a Ferrari driver?"

I knew this would come up.

Fuck it.

"Maybe."

"Hm, interesting. Because it was your birthday three days ago and a certain Ferrari driver posted a happy birthday to someone with that birthday?"

"No way."

"Yes way."

"Wow I didn't see that." I joked and he just smiled.

"You're a tough nut to crack you know."

"Um thank you."

"You've made quite a big return to formula one this year as we hadn't seen you there for the last two years? Is it like you remembered."

"If I'm 100% I'm not very confident in the rules so someone is always explaining to me what's going on but I have a new found love for it I think."

"Since you've been going to lots of races does that mean a possible world tour is off the table?"

"I don't think it's completely off the table. I love being at the races for my brother but just as equally I would love to go on tour."

"Whenever you're on the track the paparazzi seem to constantly be commenting on you rather than the actual drivers."

"Yeah I've apparently adopted the name paddock princess. Don't really know how to feel about it actually, like people need to ignore me and focus on the talent that the guys have."

"I can imagine it's quite hard to watch your brother  race sometimes?"

"Absolutely. I'm a stress ball all day, it's such a dangerous sport and all of the racers are putting themselves at risk for this. But I think safety is improving each year with new technology and stuff so I'm starting to feel better about it."