thirty four

"Melody!," Kelly squeezed me "You look so beautiful! I love the dress."

"Aw thank you, you look lovely." I told her and she shrugged as we sat down with the boys.

We were sat in a restaurant balcony that overlooked the inside of the building beautifully, the restaurant was packed but max pulled some strings for a reservation.

"Is your new colour red Mel?" Max asked referring to my dress choice and the fact I was wearing a Ferrari hat yesterday.

I rolled my eyes "Yep, I try my best."

"I mean I think it suits you." Charles intervened as he sat opposite me, I don't know why the boys had decided to sit next to each other but it was kinda cute.

"You'd think a bin bag suit her." Max told him and Charles slowly nodded along.

"I also think you could pull off a bin bag." Kelly suggested as we ordered from the menu.

I decided on pad thai, some hate it and some love it. I personally love it, it is typically made with rice noodles,  shrimp, peanuts, scrambled egg and bean sprouts.

"Remember we used to have it when we were little." I said to Max but he had zero recollection of that memory, sometimes I think max has completely blocked out our childhood.

"I remember you telling me mine was shit." Charles laughed.

"Wait what?" Kelly asked.

"Oh my god when I was in hospital all I wanted was pad Thai and Charles bless his heart went home and tried to make it and as sweet as it was- it was so bad." I chuckled.

"I think I'm a good cook!" He defended laughing slightly.

"Absolutely not." I told him shaking my head as the food came to the table.

"So Mel, what's going on with all this hospital stuff," Kelly asked "We've seen loads of paparazzi pictures of you coming in and out of doctors in Monaco."

"Don't even get me started on that stuff, it's just been hectic." I told them honestly, Charles nodding in agreement.

"They weren't really sure what was wrong with me for months so I was on these really fucked meds." I explained to them.

"Yeah it went from three pills a day to twelve and then six with daily injections, and then six with the occasional injection- it was ridiculous." Charles spoke.

"Why were you on them for broken ribs, a broken nose and a concussion?" Max asked as he put down his food.

"I was just really messed up, I was always freezing and shivering and I was constantly exhausted. And not just I need a nap tired like I was not waking up after like 20 hour sleeps, and then I kept collapsing so yeah." I shrugged but Maxs eyes were wide.

"I didn't know it was that bad Mel." Kelly said pulling me in for a hug.

"No it wasn't that bad." I excused.

"Yes it was, it was horrible seeing you like that melody taking you for blood tests and brain scans everyday it was awful." Charles insisted.

"But you're okay now?" Max wearily asked.

"Well this week my doctor diagnosed me with hyperthyroidism and-

Kelly's face went pale "Hyperthyroidism?"

"Yeah?" I said confused.

"Oh my god I'm so so sorry." Kelly blurted.

"No actually it's okay, I've been on the medication for a few days and I'm feeling so much better than I have in months." I concluded but Kelly was still looking worried.

"I had a friend who had that when I was pregnant with Pen, she passed away from it. It was horrific,"  Kelly explained, tears forming in her eyes "She thought she was getting better but-

Kelly stopped herself "I don't know why I'm sharing that, that's hardly something you want to hear. I'm glad your feeling better."

Charles looked at me his eyes wide "Yeah I've seen a good difference in you, I think it's helping." He said.

I was holding Kelly's hand in mine "Not to be stupid but what even is hyperthyroidism?"  Max asked and Charles explained it to him whilst I looked at Kelly.

"I'm really sorry for your loss Kelly." I emphasised as she looked down at her food.

"No it's okay I just didn't think I'd ever meet someone who had it again, but you're strong you'll be fine." She smiled comfortingly at me.

"Where's P tonight?" I asked them digging into my food.

"We hired a nanny a few months ago, pens really warmed up to her actually." Max admitted, as he finished his meal.

"I was shocked to see her yesterday, I feel like she's so much taller now!" I explained to Kelly.

"Um where was I when this reunion happened, I've missed her too." Charles confessed as he also finished his meal.

"It was before the podium. You were already off celebrating a well deserved win." Kelly told him and he thanked her.

"Your speech was cute," Kelly admitted "I was almost in tears looking at you two."

"It was very good Charles, wonder if it will be even better after you win world champion?" I teased him and he chuckled.

"I mean it's pretty much between you two isn't it?" Kelly asked the boys who both nodded.

"Jeez two of us will either be celebrating or having a pity party." Max laughed.

After we had finished our meals and Kelly had downed her wine after I had taken pictures with it for my instagram we all went back to our respective rooms.

————————————————————————
Melody_verstappen:

Liked by 40,628,220 people Melody_verstappen: reds my new favourite colour if you hadn't noticed

Melody_verstappen: reds my new favourite colour if you hadn't noticed

Comments:

Isahernaez: hot stuff

Madisonbeer: nothing about my life is fair

User27290: she was out celebrating with charles, kelly and max! my friend saw them!

kyliejenner: beauty.

redbull: 💔

charlesleclerc: you take my breathe away

user383920: bet money she's an alcoholic like her fucked up dad

________________________________