thirty two

It always took a while for all of the drivers to get into their starting positions because nobody ever really knew where they were going.

"Melody I've missed seeing you in real life." Isa hugged me close to her.

"I've missed seeing you in real life too, it's been far too long." I told her as we remained hugging.

That's when the commentator decided to talk "Some hugging going on in the Ferrari paddock today and no it's not Charles Leclerc and Melody Verstappen."

Me and Isa stopped hugging and laughed.

The commentators for the races were constantly changing but today it was Jenson button and Nico Rosenberg, Nico was the one who did the commentary in Miami.

"Melody Verstappen has seemingly made a return to the formula one world as we've missed seeing her face here for the past eight weeks." One of the commentators said.

Once all the drivers were in there places the race began, it was close between Lewis, Max, Charles and Sergio which was quite scary.

By the 23rd lap Max had been pushed off of the track by George russel, Mercedes wanted that win today.

"Was that Max?" Charles asked me, my headset not only allowed him to talk to me but me to talk to him but we had to remember that the whole Ferrari team could hear our conversations.

"Yeah, he's getting out of the car now." I told Charles as I watched Max get out his car and wave at the crowd showing that he was okay.

"He's okay?" Charles asked me "Yeah I believe so."

Carlos was suddenly in P4 and Charles was in P1 but Lewis Hamilton was still threatening to overtake him on the 47th lap.

"Fucking hell he's so close to me." Charles muttered, truthfully it was a strange experience to hear Charles' thoughts in the car.

Frank ordered for Charles to keep pushing forward "You can do it Charles, you've done so well already you can win this now." I told him.

"Charles Leclerc has been in P1 for the last 16 laps but Lewis is within 0.67 seconds behind him, it's going to be a close one." One of the commentators said.

Carlos had passed George Russell and was now in P3, but he didn't have it in him to get past Lewis as hard as he tried.

"Okay Charles- last lap now really push it." Frank told him and Charles did exactly that, he was now 4 seconds in front of Lewis and 12 in front of Carlos.

"So close Charles, you're doing so well." I said into the headset.

The Ferrari paddock was doing absolutely wild.

The commentating started again "He can see the celebrations starting, he's gone one more comer to go. Mercedes have thrown everything at him today, Charles Leclerc has coped brilliantly! He won in Silverstone, he wins in Spa!!"

I was in absolute pieces "Charles you've done it!" I spoke into the headset, me and Isa were jumping with joy literally.

Frank came over to me and we walked out of the paddock towards his car together to see Charles was stood on top of it celebrating.

Once he'd seen me he took his helmet and ran over to me grabbing me and lifting me in his arms "Im so proud of you baby. So so proud."

People were crowding around us eager to see the winner, he gave me a big kiss and was then whisked away until the podium ceremony.

I went over to Carlos to congratulate him "Well done Carlos." I told him he also went to go and get ready for the podium, he finished in third so it was pretty good race for Ferrari.

As the Ferrari team was going mental I walked over to Max, he was sat down with Penelope on his lap in the red bull paddock.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Max joked as I neared closer, Penelope turned to face me as she realised who max was talking to.

"Auntie Mel!!!" Penelope ran straight over to me and bounded into my arms.

"Oh my gosh you've gotten so big! Look at you!" I exclaimed, she isn't so little anymore and it breaks my heart every time.

"I know I'm a big girl now Mel!" She told me as I hugged her, she clung to my leg as I walked closer to Max.

"How are you? The crash looked pretty bad." I told him and he shook his head.

"It was stupid. I made a stupid mistake." He replied.

"No George went into the back of you, that wasn't your fault." I told him, from such a young age he's been so harsh on himself when it comes to racing. I think it's something my dad has drilled into him.

"Hm maybe, at least Charles won hey. It was a good race, he was not letting that position go." Max told me and I agreed.

"Where's Kelly?" I asked and just as I did she appeared from behind me.

"Melody! Oh my god look at you!" She smiled holding me close in a hug.

"Oh pen get off her leg." Kelly said to Penelope picking her up from my leg.

"They're doing the podium soon, best head over there to see Charles." She reminded me and with that I was off, thankfully I saw Isa and she dragged us to the front of the crowd next to Frank and the Ferrari team.

I got to the front just as the guys came out and stood on the podium, "Carlos sainz in third." The commentator said as Carlos came out and stood in third place as the crowd roared, me and Isa were practically screeching.

Then out came Lewis, we all clapped respectfully as he wandered out to P2, he mouthed down to me "hey Melvin."

Idiot.

And then last but not least "The winner of the Belgian Grand Prix, Charles Leclerc!!" and out he went standing in first on the podium.

He stood proudly in first place and he got passed a microphone, as everyone was clapping like crazy.

"Thank you so much everyone, Fred and the Ferrari team thank you for this amazing new strategy, thank you Carlos my team mate. But I'd mostly like to thank my beautiful girlfriend Melody Verstappen for even giving me the opportunity to be here as I sure as hell wouldn't be if she hadn't pulled me out of that fire a few months ago. Mel, I love you and I'm going to get world champion for you." He smiled at me and I blew him a kiss back which made everyone Aw in the audience.

The boys went on to absolutely drench each other in champagne as they always did, it was funny to watch.