twenty three

"What a shame, I was gunning for Charles but hey I'm not picky." My father pinned me to the wall with his hand against my throat.

My father Jos was a pretty tall man, at least 6'2 and despite his age he could really do some damage if he wanted to, and by the looks of it he wanted to.

He looked at the Ferrari shirt I had on "You disloyal little bitch how could you do that to me and your brother, not to mention your stupid boyfriend getting you all restraining orders against me?"

His fingers were beginning to close in on my windpipe but if he'd wanted to kill me he would've already done it, he wanted something else.

"What do you want?" I choked out holding my rib as it began to ache, I had completely forgot about my medication this morning.

He laughed at me "I've got everything I want, I just needed to see it in person."

Confusion was etched on my face, my father laughed "You've always been so fucking oblivious. Guess who was responsible for Charles' little car accident."

My heart sunk deep in my chest, my breathe was becoming more rapid "What the fuck did you do?"

He was hysterically laughing now as he dropped me on the floor "I cut some of the cables in your boy toys car the morning of the race, he had a chance of beating max and I couldn't have that now could I?"

Tears were rolling down my face, everything he did was for max. Every fucking thing was about max and redbull.

"You could've killed him." I countered and he shook his head "Ah but I didn't, and you wouldn't have even cared if I did because you're a little whore who's probably screwing half of the drivers on the grid."

My dad stood me up from the floor and pushed me forward out of my room "You- you would've killed Charles for Max to win another title? You're a monster."

"Who's team are you on Melody? You're a fucking  traitor, when I saw you pulling Charles out of that car all I felt was rage, because guess who saved him? You did melody. You fucking ruined the plan." My father continued.

"So what you came here to tell me that?" I asked him, his hand still firm on my throat.

"No I came here to finish the job, I wanted a home invasion, one that killed him off for good without you stopping it and I mean with your 12 stitches and your broken rib you couldn't stop a fly." He menacingly laughed and I felt sick to my stomach.

"How- how do you know about my rib and my twelve stitches?" I asked him anxiously, I hadn't released that information to anyone other than my family and Charles.

"I know people, I know lots and lots of people and lots and lots of things." He claimed, I could hardly see his face now as the tears filled my eyes.

"You're pathetic honestly, now we're going to sit here and wait until your boy comes home hm?" My dad said laughing and without warning throwing me down the stairs.

I screeched at the top of my lungs as I held my rib in agony, I was sure I'd broken more as my nose began to bleed and my head began to spin.

"Always so defenceless. It's pathetic." My dad laughed taking his time coming down the stairs.

I closed my eyes and thought about Max, he was on his way and hopefully  he was still on the phone listening to every bit of the conversation.

If I could just crawl outside surely someone would help me, and that's when I saw an officer coming up to the door that was partially opened.

My dad was coming down the stairs behind me as I tried to get closer to the officer "help me." I choked out but he didn't hear me.

My father grabbed my pulled me backwards "If you scream I will have absolutely no problem killing you off too." He held a knife to my neck.

I was still laying on the ground, blood pooling besides my head from god knows where as I could see officers forming outside of the house out of the corner of my eye.

"You little bitch, you called the fucking cops on your own father"

"And you're trying to kill your own daughter," I paused "Again."

He punched me for that one, right in the ribcage I'd honestly be shocked that I hadn't punctured a rib at this point.

So, I screamed.

The instant I screamed police came swarming in holding up their guns to my father who had made a run for it out the back garden.

Behind the police came Max alongside another guy who I couldn't really see as my vision was blurring and the room was spinning around me.

"Fuck someone get her a medic!" Max shouted as the police chased down my father.

"Max." I spoke up at him as he knelt down besides me with the other man "Melody? You're going to be alright now. I've got you okay."

"Charles?" I asked confused I couldn't really make him out but I knew his voice anywhere.

"That's right baby, it's me okay. I'm right here with you nothing like this is ever going to happen again okay?"

"Charles is in- Charles hospital."

And after that I was out.