twenty one

————————————————————————
Melody_verstappen:

Liked by 23,589,972 peopleMelody_verstappen: these last few days have been an absolute nightmare, so i really want to thank my family, max, kelly and penelope

Melody_verstappen: these last few days have been an absolute nightmare, so i really want to thank my family, max, kelly and penelope. my wonderful friends and all the doctors at miami hospital for helping charles and i to recover. as many have speculated, we are dating and i've never been happier but we appreciate the privacy due to current events.

this album has been in the works for a little while now and i am proud to release it today, i have dedicated 'adoration' to my love, charles (the inspiration behind majority of the songs)

thank you for all the support, i love you all, hope you enjoy the album 💌

Comments disabled
________________________________
Charlesleclerc:

Liked by 17,679,902 people Charlesleclerc: the only girl I'd ever want in my life, melody i owe you my life and I am so beyond blessed to be apart of your life

Charlesleclerc: the only girl I'd ever want in my life, melody i owe you my life and I am so beyond blessed to be apart of your life. I love you gorgeous. Thank you so much melody, doctors and my family. I'll be back in the driver seat in no time.

Comments:

carlossainz: I can't believe I kept it quiet for so long actually
ferrarifan: we will be seeing much more of mel in the Ferrari paddocks now!!!
lewishamilton: wishing you both speedy recovery's ❤️‍🩹
fan1839: he could do better she's so fake
maxverstappen: ew what a gross jacket
pierregasly: so glad you're both okay and well
moremelody: her new album is so beautiful
________________________________

"Melody, your album is so beautiful! I am in absolute awe! Best one yet 10000%!" Kelly exclaimed as she came into the living room where I was sat with Penelope.

I smiled at her thankfully "It has a special place in my heart."

Pen looked up at me "Do I have a special place in your heart auntie mel?"

I laughed and held her closer to me "If you didn't have a special place in my heart I wouldn't have sat here and watched 4 Disney movies with you."

She smiled and played on my phone as I spoke to Kelly "How was Charles today?"

I shrugged "I think he's getting better, a bit annoyed about the racing situation though."

"I mean fair enough he had a real shot this year." Kelly admitted cutting the crusts off a sandwich for Pen.

"Still talking about him huh?" Max asked as he sat down besides me.

"I don't understand why you're so annoyed." I said to him.

"Because Mel, he did something stupid and as a result you got hurt. I'm not having that." He shrugged pinching his nose in annoyance.

"But it was my decision to help him? He didn't ask me to do that I did it myself so if you're going to be a grump be one to me." I replied instantly.

"No I get what you're saying it was your mistake bla bla," he paused "But I haven't heard one decent apology from the guy. His post was weak, you've had no flowers no notes no nothing."

"I think he's genuinely sorry." Kelly responded from the kitchen "He looked like his whole world fell apart when he came into Mels room just after the accident when she was sleeping."

I didn't even know about that "Wait what?"

"Oh yeah, within an hour of you both being there he came into your room barely standing up right and he just looked at you, sorry was written all over that man." Kelly spoke and my heart broke into little pieces.

I asked for Max to help me stand up, it was hard to move with my rib and I needed to call Charles.

"Max stop calling it a mistake that I helped him because don't tell me for one second that if it was Kelly or pen or even me in that car you would've done the exact same thing regardless of wether it was our own fault that the crash happened." I spoke out taking my phone from Pen.

He held me upwards so I was steady "I'm just looking out for you Mel, I'm not sure he's a good guy."

"I love uncle Charlie." Pen said keeping her eyes on the tv in front of her, I wasn't sure what she made of this whole situation or what she even understood.

"Yeah me too, he also has a special place in my heart." I told her and she nodded in agreement.

I wasn't allowed to be mad at max considering he'd let me stay with them whilst Charles was still in hospital so I wouldn't be lonely.

I went out to Penelope's room and set up the phone against her bookcase and rang Charles, but there was no response so instead I rang Isa.

"Melody! My girl how are you doing?" Isa asked through the phone.

"Hm im not sure, physically my body is bruised and my hands hurt constantly, my rib isn't bad unless I'm laughing or getting up which kind of  sucks but the meds are making it much better. My legs fine I'm not struggling to walk or anything but it gets a bit sore, it's so hard to shower you don't even know." I rambled on.

She then asked "And mentally?"

"I just feel like so much is going on, the media is either attacking me and calling me an attention seeker for making the Grand Prix about me or calling me a hero and the fans are doing the same I'm either considered god or Satan. Charles' little fan girls are practically sending me death threats for being within a mile radius of him. Max is telling me that Charles needs to be more apologetic and that he's not a good guy which is such bullshit but I can't say that because he's letting me stay with them whilst Charles is still in hospital, oh yeah Charles is still in hospital and I just feel so bad and he's so upset he can't race and he doesn't tell me that but I know because I love him and I just know." I rambled on and on.

"Melody. Have you ever considered like taking to someone as in a therapist someone?" She asked me, honestly I had considered it but it always felt unreasonable.

"Yeah I don't know."

"I mean it's a bit off topic but your album is absolutely killing it you're holding the top 5 places on iTunes and you've already had over 65 million streams, that's insane Mel."

Fuck I didn't even know that.