eight

I'd written hundreds of songs in my lifetime, only a few of them being good ones. But now they all seemingly reminded me of you.

I have been in Monaco for a week now, debating with my self whether to go to the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix in Jeddah next week and honestly my cons list is quite short.

Pros:
Seeing max win
seeing Penelope
hanging out with Isa
Charles?
Pleasing Louise
Cons:
Dad?

Yeah, everything in me is telling me it will be a bad idea and that I'll run into him again. Seeing him so close to the anniversary of my mothers death is not something Im not sure I comprehend.

Since getting off the plane seven whole days ago, Charles and I had been talking a lot. He somehow got my number from Carlos and we've been chatting ever since.

Somehow I never feel like I'm wasting my time with him, we could sit in silence for hours and it would still so full and good and necessary. In a weird way I'm so thankful for him.

The rumours of us have been growing rapidly, people saw us on the plane together and the paparazzi absolutely rinsed the fact I was wearing his hoodie when I left the flight.

Little did they know I was just cold and he was just being a gentleman who gave me it when I was sleeping.

Isa and Kelly had been sending me articles about it all week, almost daily, No pretty much daily.

"So, Mel obviously this album is meant to be ready by April how many more songs do you want to do?" Louise asked me writing down in her schedule.

"Hm im not 100% sure but the songs have been coming to me more naturally recently. I think we've got some good things coming up." I smiled at her and peeped down at my phone under the table.

She peered over "Is this as a result of a certain someone or no?"

"No." I said shutting my phone off instantly as I was in fact talking to Charles.

"Well these songs seem quite.. what's the word lovey dovey? Not your usual vibe." She admitted as she put down lyrics that had been recently written.

"Change is good no?" I asked her.

She eyed me slightly "That it is. That it is. Especially when it comes from a successful Ferrari formula one driver."

"Funny one."

We continued debating Jeddah and I went through the pros and the lack of cons with her and she practically booked my ticket right then and there.

As soon as she left, Charles came bounding from upstairs. He just happened to be in the house the one time Louise comes to visit and god forbid what she'd do if she saw him.

Not that it would be negative but he definitely wouldn't be let out of the house until she'd spoken to him about engagement rings or marriage.

"She's gone?" He asked as he entered the kitchen where I was planning my afternoon tea.

I nodded my head to him as he came close to me and started cutting the crusts off of my sandwiches just how I liked them.

In a week we'd become practically inseparable, nothing had really developed romantically but we had become good friends well and some harmless flirting from time to time.

"Guess who's coming to Jeddah?" I laughed as I stuffed my face with the last few strawberries in my fridge.

He turned to face me "Better be on top of my game then hey," he laughed "You need to motivate me."

"With what? I mean I make a pretty good cheese toastie but it's not really first place worthy." I remarked as I finished setting up the lunch and pouring him an apple juice.

He shrugged "What if, If I win I can take you out on a date?"

"Well What happens if you don't win?" I was not letting this opportunity pass by.

"I won't loose." He smugly said, I think he forgets I'm supposed to be supporting red bull most of the time.

"I mean, you aren't a red bull driver so the chances of loosing are a bit bigger than I'd like." I poked fun.

He sat down to eat "Well tell your brother to let me pass, there's a lot at stake here."

"No can do, you know since everyone thinks we're dating he's going to be working 10 times harder to beat your ass." I replied putting one of the sandwiches on my plate.

"You think?"

"Oh," I snorted at his unawareness "I already know, he texts me about it pretty much daily."

Charles was baffled "He responds to your texts? Seriously?"

I laughed again "I am his sister, and I like to FaceTime my step niece."

"Penelope right?" He asked picking up a glass and bringing it to his lips.

I nodded "Yeah she's my whole world, I don't see her anywhere near as much as I should so I'm hopeful she will go to Jeddah."

"Well I think this season you'll be at the tracks more so chances are you will see her a lot?" He asked smiling widely at me.

"When you smile like that I always wonder what you're thinking about." I countered, he held my hand across the table.

He chuckled "Just that I'm happy. With you and this. You always make me feel so happy."