nineteen

Sunday 7th May, 20:30

Today was the day of the Miami Grand Prix, Charles had been training tremendously hard for this one in particular as I hadn't been to the track in person for a month.

He wanted a win for me.

"Auntie Mel, is uncle charlie going to win today?" Penelope asked as we walked around the catering area before it got too crazy.

"I'm not sure sweetheart, I hope so though." I smiled and she smiled back before stuffing her face with freshly made cake.

Kelly had asked if I took Penelope to the food area whilst she talked with Max before the race, sometimes I think they need time to themselves.

Shortly after we had eaten half of the buffet served we walked back towards the paddocks as I held her close to me trying not to loose her in the chaos.

As walked through the sea of engineers we bumped into Fred Vasseur, the team principal and general manager of scuderia Ferrari, he's had a very long career in managing formula one teams so Charles was very glad to have him managing Ferrari.

"Little verstappen?" He asked as he saw me and Penelope, "Who are you referring too?" I countered.

Although Penelope isn't technically a Verstappen I still think of her as one, even if she isn't Maxs' blood in my head she is.

"The one dating my driver, so hopefully you." Fred joked around as he ushered me towards the Ferrari paddock as I picked up Penelope and took her with us.

"I'm not dating your-

Fred stopped me halfway through my sentence "Melody. Whether you are or you aren't I'm happy for this relationship, I've been talking with your manager Louise-

"Oh god." I mumbled.

"She and I want this relationship to work but if it doesn't you're going to have to make it work. Each of you have too much to loose and it would be shame for everything to go to waste if it goes downhill." Fred explained grabbing a headset from the wall.

"I'm confused." I responded simply.

He sighed "Let's just say, when your relationship ends we want you both to be amicable and still treat each other with respect and not ruin each others careers."

Confused on what to say next "Auntie Mel I want to see my mom." Pen interrupted and with that we had left.

Had Charles told him about our relationship? How long has Fred been talking to Louise?
Do they have that little faith in our relationship?

After a two minute walk we were in the Redbull paddock where Kelly was awaiting us "You guys took your time!" Kelly exclaimed putting the ear defenders on P.

I laughed "Was chatting away, got a bit lost in conversation."

Kelly nodded and we turned to the screen where the race would display, usually when watching a formula one race you'd just sit in the stands and cheer from the sidelines.

But family privileges mean that we can stay in the paddock the entire race and watch the screen close up which is 100 times better than watching it from the stands.

As the lights go the cars are off in a flash, the noise of them is permanently tattooed into my brain.

The race began and Charles was immediately in first place, the car was 7 second fastest than the one in P2.

The commentator started "Leclerc hits a staggering 400mph remaining in first place leaving a quake in his way!"

The anticipation really makes me anxious as he wraps around the corners of the track "I don't enjoy watching this Kelly. Not one bit." I expressed to her turning my back to face her momentarily.