★chapter 224★

To me, this is the best chapter I have ever written. Enjoy...

👼 MY ANGEL👼

👼 MY ANGEL👼

Elsa walked into the McConnell gates with her grandma next to her.

She got an invite to be at the party, to deliver the painting so the name Nefertari was on the guest list.

The McConnells were indeed rich. This house looked like it was worth hundreds of millions.

The McConnell Manor was that type of house you could only see on TV.

Elsa had envied the kids who lived such castles and were like princesses. Lucky them, they were born to never have to work a day in their lives.

Life can be unfair. We don't all get equal opportunities.

Even the undeserving get blessings. And even the underserving get misfortunes. That was just how this cruel world was designed.

The inside of the mansion was even more stunning. Everything looked so pricey. Even the floor. Making Elsa afraid of stepping on it too hard.

"Wow, Elsa. This is such a fancy mansion you brought me. I feel out of place." Amelia said looking around.

Their arms were intertwined with each other as they walked inside.

Elsa was carrying the painting in a bag with her free hand as she looked around for Mrs McConnell.

She was thinking of giving it to someone who was dressed like a waiter to give to Mrs McConnell so she doesn't have to face her and then her check can be send to her.

"I know, right? It's all very expensive looking." Elsa complimented.

Waitresses and waiters dressed in black tuxedos were passing around the room with trays full of glasses. Glass filled with expensive white wine.

The ballroom in that Manor was enormous, and guests dressed in gowns and suits were standing in groups of three or more chatting and laughing happily because of the joyous occasion.

"I don't feel comfortable here. When are we leaving?" Amelia asked holding on to the granddaughter.

The first face Elsa ended up recognizing was Victoria's adoptive parents, Esther and John. They were also dressed in designer clothes, sipping wine while chatting with their friends.

The next one was Jeremy. He had Victoria wrapped around his arm as they talked to Rosanna and her husband.

They looked so happy and Victoria was all smiles and she clang on to Jeremy.

Jeremy barely smiled so him not smiling at that moment didn't mean anything.

So this was where he had been, taking care of his wounded fiancee before her birthday party.