chapter 277

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa's eyes shot open, and she sat up abruptly on the bed. That was how she woke up. Of course, for the 100th time, she was back at the hospital. The first thing Elsa did was check herself, and what she saw confused and shocked her. She was still wearing her white trousers, but there was no blood on them. How was that possible? She remembered clearly seeing blood.

"You didn't miscarry," Jeremy's voice startled her because she hadn't noticed him standing in front of her, next to her bed.

Seeing the look on Elsa's face, Jeremy said, "You almost did though."

He then chuckled, "Maybe that was karma for what you did to Victoria a few days ago..."

Elsa looked at him with disbelief. Her almost losing the child was karma?

"But even if you did, it would probably have been for the best. We should never have children together anyway," he shrugged. "Next time, be more careful so you don't get pregnant by me again."

Elsa felt her breathing shorten as her brain processed what she had just heard. It would have been for the best if she lost another child?

"The doctor said you should rest and recover. You'll stay in the hospital for four days. I'll come pick you up afterward to take you home."

***

Elsa looked around the room and noticed that she was in her mother's old house. The house appeared old and dusty, as if it had been abandoned. It didn't look like it used to.

She was seated on a couch, holding the doll Jenna had given her and Gwen in her arms. For some reason, she was rocking it like a baby.

When she realized what she was doing, she stopped and put it down. She looked around and realized she seemed to be all alone in the house. How did she even get there?

"Boo!"

That's what Dark Elsa said the moment she appeared on the couch next to Elsa. It was enough to startle Elsa, and she screamed as she flinched away.

Dark Elsa chuckled at that. Her face turned serious as she said, "I hate you. You're so weak and vulnerable.

"You're that kind of girl. The kind of girl who gets rejected by the one she loves. The kind of girl who gets abused by everyone she meets. The kind of girl who is so defenseless that her own husband abuses her, and she doesn't stand up for herself and still allows herself to get pregnant by him after he killed her first child."

Elsa understood that this was just a dream again, but she couldn't help but get a little defensive. "I didn't allow myself to get pregnant."

Dark Elsa rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. He took advantage of you while locking you up in that bedroom for three weeks, and you couldn't get away from him. Yeah, I know. You've told yourself that so many times that I've even memorized it. But he only did that because you allowed him to. You could have found your way out. You could have asked Mrs. Jacobs to buy you birth control pills and sneak them to you to prevent yourself from getting pregnant again. But you didn't."