chapter 279

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Victoria ran over to Jeremy to check his face. He had scratch marks all over, a burst lip, and his nose was bleeding.

"Oh my God, Jeremy, let me take you back to the doctor so he can treat your wounds. I hope they don't scar," she said with concern.

She then sighed and added, "I didn't expect Elsa to attack you like this, even threaten you just because she's jealous. I'm so sorry, Jeremy. She must have attacked you because of your love for me."

Jeremy glanced at Victoria from the corner of his eye but remained silent.

****

That evening.

At the McConnell Manor.

James McConnell had been very quiet since the press conference at Simba Corporation. He barely spoke and always looked like he was deep in thought.

So deep, in fact, that he didn't hear his wife calling him at the dinner table.

"James! James!"

Rosanna had to physically shake him to get his attention.

"Hmm!" He hummed, still not giving her his full attention.

"James, didn't you hear the good news our daughter just shared?"

"...."

"James!" Rosanna startled him because James had zoned out again.

"Yes, Rosanna?"

"Okay... What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" James acted clueless.

"You know what I mean. You seem so lost in thought these days, something is bothering you. Spill it."

James looked at Rosanna, then at Victoria. He shook his head, taking his eyes back to his food. "It's nothing really. It doesn't matter."

"Nothing cannot not matter, only something. So this 'nothing' does matter that's why you are thinking about it so much, tell me."

"I don't think that's a good idea," he argued nervously.

"Okay, now you definitely have to tell me or I will bug you for the rest of the night."

James sighed shakily. He looked at his wife and didn't know how to say it at first. He couldn't find the right words to put it.

But seeing how impatient she was getting, he said 'screw it'...

"I think our other daughter is still alive!" He dropped the bomb.

Victoria's fork dropped from her grip and Rosanna's heart skipped a beat.

"J-james, w-what are you saying?" she stuttered.

James' memory went back to Elsa. Then he said, "Our twin daughter, I have a feeling she might still be alive. I'm not sure yet. But I have this feeling inside me. A feeling that our daughter is still alive, she is just not an identical twin to Victoria."

When Rosanna heard that, her heart started beating out of her chest. "You know a girl you think could be our long-lost daughter?"

Rosanna's eyes quickly filled with tears.

"Yes. I'm not sure yet. But I want to ask her for a paternity test to prove this."

"Then let's go ask her immediately. Do you know where to find her? And do I know her?" Rosanna was impatient. If there was a chance their baby girl was still alive, Victoria's twin sister, then they should take the opportunity and know for sure.

James got nervous, not knowing if he should tell her his suspicion or not.

"Please James, if you know where to find her, tell me. We can approach her together and ask her to do a paternity test."

With a little fear in his voice, James answered, "it's Elsa..."

Victoria got scared in her seat after hearing that. Her body tensed up and her muscles clenched.

Her wife's facial expression changed from excited to angry. "Gwen?"

She sighed with annoyance. "James, I told you, just because she looks like your mother, it doesn't mean she is our daughter."

"But..."

"That girl is not related to me, to us, to the McConnells. If that's who you wanted to ask for a test, then you better not before she fakes the results and acts like our child. Because that's what a woman like her is capable of."

When Victoria heard that, she laughed on the inside. If only she knew.

James still wanted to at least try. Let them do a test and know for sure. "Rosanna, just listen to me first-"

"Remember what you promised me, James. For the sake of our true daughter and our marriage, keep your distance from that girl." Rosanna warned.

With a reluctant heart, James nodded quietly.

Victoria only ate three more spoons before excusing herself, saying she was tired and the pregnancy was making her feel sick-ish.

The moment she got into her bedroom, she took her phone and called her father, her true biological father.

"Dad, we have to act fast."

"What's wrong, what happened?" John Rowland asked.

"James is getting more and more suspicious about Elsa. He even wanted to take a paternity test to see if she was his daughter."

"This can't be good. What do you need, Vic? Do you want me to kill her like Gwen?"

"No. It won't be smart to kill her the same way." She then went quiet as she thought of a plan.

And when it came to her, she smiled. "She is Gwen in the government database, right?"

"Yeah."

"Her 'double identity' she has should be enough to have her arrested for fraud.

"And I want her arrested tomorrow."

"Anything for the daughter who made her father so rich. I will work on it as soon as possible."

****

Well well well, 21 chapters remaining. Like I said, the last half of it will have something extremely different. (What's half of 21? 10 and a half, right?)