chapter 250

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

The next thing Elsa tasted was something metallic. Jeremy groaned a little as he let go of her lips.

And right after, when Elsa opened her eyes, she saw blood on Jeremy's lips. She had bit him that hard?

That was also when she realized that half of the buttons on her pajama blouse had been unbuttoned. Now she was glad she bit him; she didn't want to give herself to him again.

If she never did, she would never have gotten pregnant. If she didn't get pregnant, she wouldn't have lost the baby.

Elsa looked at Jeremy and said, "I'm not doing this with you anymore."

And she didn't just mean sex. She meant the entire situation she had with Jeremy. The back and forth with him, the leaving him then coming back to him, Victoria, the Callahan family, the drama that surrounded her and Jeremy... Everything.

It was draining.

It was sucking the life out of her.

She then clung to her bag as she started walking away. But Jeremy held her hand, not letting her go.

"Where are you going, when you said you wanted to stay with me forever? Why are you saying you want a divorce when you said you won't let me go and wouldn't agree to divorce me? How quickly did your tune change? How quickly was this forever you spoke of?"

Elsa wanted to respond. But for some reason unknown to her, she kept quiet.

She was feeling shame. Yes, shame. She felt ashamed of how in the world she even considered forever with this man after everything he had done to her, even prior to her losing her baby.

Why was it so easy to let go, but so hard?

Seeing Elsa not answering, just standing there still and mute, Jeremy walked closer to her.

He held both her hands and started leading her to his bed and sat her down there. "Let me check your wound. I saw you wince, let me see if it opened and needs the dressing changed."

***

Elsa only realized she had fallen asleep when she woke up.

She didn't know how she had slept again, but she was back in Jeremy's bed.

But being awake now, she had to leave immediately. She checked her phone and it was still morning, 10:30 am. She had slept for 4 more hours.

Elsa remembered how Jeremy removed her dressing to check on her wound then dressed her back attentively. Why he did that, Elsa didn't even want to think of a reason.

This didn't mean anything. Just because he was nice to her once, didn't mean he had changed and wouldn't hurt her again.

Elsa went to her bedroom and changed into her regular clothes before heading downstairs.