chapter 228

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Was your mother?" Elsa asked.

"Yes, she passed away many years ago." James said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I'm so sorry to hear that."

She then added. "My mum passed away too, so... I understand what you feel."

She looked at the painting again before talking again. "My grandma told me that, when you lose someone that special, the wound that that loss creates will heal with time. But it will leave a scar that remains for the rest of your life. It's a memory of the pain you suffered when they left."

James thought of those words and ended up smiling. "Then your grandmother is a very wise woman."

Elsa nodded and returned the smile. "That she is."

There was some silence after that. Both didn't know what to say to each other now.

"Let me get my check book." James said breaking the silence.

He went behind his desk and Elsa followed standing infront of him. She opened a draw and took out a check book and a pen

"Tell me you full name , please."

When Elsa gave Rosanna the details, she had called Hayley and asked if she could use her name for a check and explained everything that had happened.

Hayley trusted Elsa, so she accepted. Elsa picked up the check but Hayley was the who cashed it because the check was in her name.

But she couldn't tell Mr McConnell the same. At least not before asking Hayley again. And who knows if she would agree this time. She might think she was being used.

They were best friends and trust each other completely, but Elsa had been getting herself into trouble without knowing. Who knew if Hayley too would suspect her.

"Elsa, Mr McConnell... Elsa Halverson."

Elsa Halverson....

Mr McConnell wrote it down and wrote a check of 100,000.

When he gave it to Elsa, Elsa froze looking at all the zeros in that check.

"Mr McConnell, what your wife owed me was 10,000." Elsa said thinking James made a mistake.

"And I am paying you 100,000 because I feel like you deserve it. Just take the extra as a bonus."

A 90% bonus?

"But Sir, I-"

"Miss Elsa, it could be considered rude to not accept this. And you don't want to come off as rude, do you?" He smiled at those words he said.

Elsa ended up chuckling and looking down. She sighed and then shook her head. "No, I don't want to come off as rude to you, Mr McConnell. Thank you so much for this."