chapter 225

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa looked at the hand offered to her by Mr McConnell.

She would be lying to herself she said she didn't want to hold his hand. Her heart was telling her she knew him. She didn't know where or how she knew him, but  somehow she did.

Elsa turned to her grandma.

"Grandma, please wait for me here, okay? I'll be right back."

Amelia wanted to answer. She wanted to tell Elsa not to go with him then give a vague reason like, "you're not going because I said so."

But at that moment, she was just praying the McConnell couple don't recognize her.

They had only met once when her daughter Jenna was pregnant but not after.

It's been more than 20 years. Them not recognizing her right away was not a surprise. She had changed, grown old and had some wrinkles and white hair.

The McConnell couple weren't as young as they were.

She just sightly nodded at Elsa since for some reason, even her head was getting to heavy to be nodded.

Elsa hand was trembling a little as she stretched it and took James’ hand.

The moment she did, she felt the warmth from his hand travel from her palm, into her heart.

James would be lying if he said he didn't feel the same.

This was the feeling he expected with Victoria. Even though her wife didn't carry her in her womb, she was still her mother and James was the father.

But he felt nothing. Only the joy of finding his daughter.

But no connection or feeling that people say you feel when you meet the your flesh and blood. People say when you see them, you will know it's them. Something inside you would tell you. James McConnell however, didn't experience this.

But his wife seemed to get that feeling. She seemed to feel it, so James thought maybe mothers are the only ones who feel that. And fathers don't.

But what was this he was feeling right now?

But it can't be... No... It can't be... Victoria's twin sister died shortly after birth, together with the woman who gave birth to them.

Whatever he was feeling, it wasn't that. It couldn't be.

He brushed off the thought as he walked with Elsa out of the ballroom.

If his own wife didn't think any but hate when it came to Elsa, then there couldn't be anything to it.

Everyone in the room was staring at their backs until they disappeared out of the room.

Rosanna was angry. But she decided not to follow and stop him. Maybe the reason he was showing Elsa some kindness despite everything she did could be because of her face.

Maybe seeing her reminded him of his mother.

But people can look alike, and that's all.

The world was filled with billions of people, it's not impossible to find someone who resembles you, someone who looks like you.

And she would tell him this as soon as the party was over. But now, she had to keep the show going. So she signalled the band to start playing their instruments again and bring back the mood to the party.

She also had to check on the guests and make sure everyone was good and the incident didn't affect anyone.