chapter 222

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Officer what are you talking about?" Amanda asked.

"When Miss Halverson asked for your help to take the child to the hospital, you refused. What kind of guardian are you?" He asked.

The other officers were confused to what was going on.

Amanda acted oblivious and innocent. "Officer, what are you saying? When did she ask for my help and I refused? Don't believe anything that woman says. She stalked my niece then hurt her. She should be arrested. And I should file a restraining order against her."

When Elsa heard that, she laughed shaking her head. "What you don't know Miss Torres, is that I was recording everything that happened today. And that includes me carrying a half conscious Yuliana in my arms. These police officers you found here already saw it. Do you want me to play it for the ones you came with the recording and we see who is really lying?"

Amanda froze hearing that. 

She then pretending to want to vomit and covered her mouth on her hand as she ran out of there.

She only did this to run away from answering questions.

Elsa was glad she wasn't stupid enough to fall for another trap.

She asked the doctor how Yuliana was and he said she was out of danger. She would wake up in a few hours.

***

Bruno was standing next to a friend was cracking the code of the case.

"It's a three digit code." He said.

He then took a pose and added, "666."

666... The devil girl chose a devil's number.

He put the code in there and it wrote accepted. He smirked at that.

He had intended to call Jeremy after getting the papers and going back to Elsa.

But before he opened the suitcase, his phone started ringing.

He took it out of his pocket and looked who was calling. It was Jeremy.

"Hey, Jeremy."

"Bruno... I have checked on the  project Y papers you send for me and I have some few thoughts on improving it. We should have a board meeting tomorrow so we can discuss them."

Those words from Jeremy had Bruno confused.

"You have the papers with you?"

"Yes, I do."

"Right now?"

Jeremy wondered what kind of question was that. He was the one who sent the papers to him. He found the papers in his home office waiting for him in a case he knew the passcode to. But, he still answered Bruno. "Yeah, I'm looking at the papers right now. Why are you asking me that?"

'If Jeremy has the papers, then what did Elsa give to me?'

He opened the case anxiously.

Only to find blank A4 papers stacked together and placed there.

He took out all of them and examined them one by one. And nothing on them was the office papers he sent for Jeremy.

Elsa played him. And he didn't know how he felt about that.

Looking at those  bunch of A4 papers, he immediately knew what had happened.

Elsa tricked him to find out his identity. Explains how calm she was when she got 'caught'. She was only surprised to see it was Bruno behind everything. But she wasn't scared when he threatened to tell on her to Jeremy. That was because she wasn't betraying Jeremy.

He wanted to trick her only to be tricked instead.

"It's nothing Jeremy, never mind."

He immediately hanged up and rushed over to the house.

Only to not find Elsa. But find dry blood on the floor.

Was this Elsa's? Was she hurt?

He started feeling guilty. Like he has misunderstood Elsa and got her hurt.

He immediately drove over to Jeremy's house.