Chapter 2

1st Grade...

As Y/n walked down the hallways of Elementary School, she saw her friends in the cafeteria. She smiled as she sat down with them.

Her small group of friends were Heather, Kris, and Jess.

3 years ago, Y/n found out that Sean had moved away. She didn't feel the same because she was 3. They went to preschool together and that was the last Y/n had talked to him. It didn't really affect her because, of course, she was only three.

"Y/n, did you hear?" Jess asks.

"Hear what?" Y/n asks.

"There's a new student!! He moved here from Dublin. We don't know his name, all we know is that he moved here." Heather says.

"Okay. Well, I'm gonna go explore since school hasn't started. Anyone else wanna come?" Y/n asks standing up from the table.

"No, we're fine. Go ahead." Kris says.

The rest of them nod in agreement. She shrugs as she walks out of the cafeteria to her classroom. On the way there, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around, seeing a kid her age. By the looks of him, he looked familiar.

"Hello, pretty girl." He says.

She gasped and hugged him tightly. (A/N, I know they sound like high schoolers but they are only in 1st grade.)

"Pretty boy! You came back!" Y/n says.

"I did, but I didn't expect you here. Where is your classroom?" He asks.

"Uh, next classroom down. Mrs. Hamstrung." Y/n points down the hall.

"Well, I have her too pretty girl!!" Sean squeals.

"Well pretty boy, you're stuck with me." Y/n laughs punching his arm playfully.

---

At lunch, Y/n sat by Kris. Jess and Heather sat next to each other on the other side of the table. As Y/n looked around the cafeteria, she saw Sean standing there, looking around for a place to sit. Waving her arm, she called Sean over. He looked for the source of the call then walked over to sit down by Y/n.

"Hi Y/n." Sean said.

"Hi Sean." Y/n said back.

"Y/n, you know the new kid?" Jess asks shocked.

"Yeah! We went to preschool together." Y/n said, taking a bite out of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"That's cool!! How many years was that?" Jess asked again.

"Three. Oh, I didn't introduce you to them!! This is Jess, Heather, and Kris, my friends." Y/n told Sean.

"Hi, I'm Sean, Y/n's old time friend." He said shyly.

"Don't be shy. Always be happy! Never be a shy person!" Heather said.

Sean smiles and perks up a little bit.

---

As recess started, Y/n and Sean sat on the swings. All they did was talk about what pretty boy Sean did when he was gone. They caught up with each other. They even planned to have a play date together that weekend.

"Y/n!! C'mon, let's go play tag!!" Heather said running towards her.

"Okay! Sean, you wanna join?" Y/n asked.

"Of course!! I never got to play a lot at my other school." Sean said jumping off the swing, heading toward the small group.

"Okay, who's going to be the tag first?" Jess asked.

"Me! I volunteer!!" Kris volunteered.

"Okay, Kris you're it. The rest of you, RUN!!" Y/n shouted.

For the rest of recess Y/n, Kris, Jess, Heather, and Sean played tag. When the teacher blew the whistle, they all groaned and moaned because they wanted to keep playing. Sean and Y/n walked together towards the school as the three girls walked in front of them.