Chapter 20

M/n- Mom's name

As it began...

Y/n sat in her couch above her bed crying onto Mark's shoulder. Her mom was downstairs fixing her a small snack as she didn't mind Mark being at the house. She didn't explain to her mom what happened, she just rushed upstairs. But, Mark explained for her.

There was a knock on Y/n's door. Both adults looked at the door then separated from each other. Y/n wiped her eyes and adjusted her shirt.

"Come in." Y/n said sounding horsey.

Her mom came in with a tray of snacks and some glass of waters. She climbed the stairs to the top of the bed and set the tray on the tiny table. She stood there staring at the two.

"Don't be afraid to grab a snack. It's yours now." Her mom said,

Mark and Y/n looked at each other then back at the tray. The both grabbed a slice of apple and ate it down. Her mom smiled and went to sit down by Y/n.

"Why is Sean being a douche to you? He used to be such a nice guy." Y/n's mom said.

"It's because he has his stupid girlfriend over there. I think she's changing his attitude." Y/n said with a flat out tone.

Y/n's mom just stared at her with a blank expression. After awhile her gaze went over to Mark who was sitting there gulping down apple slices. Her mom chuckled as Mark looked over and put the one he had in his hand back onto the tray.

"You're staying at Sean's house, right?" M/n said.

"Yeah, I am." Mark said a little shy,

"What's his girlfriend like?" She asked.

"Well, she's a very nice woman. She really does genuinely love Sean and you can tell that Sean loves her so much also. I haven't gotten to fully talk to her yet because Sean was too busy with her than anyone else." Mark said kind of disappointed yet upset.

"Yeah, whenever I would Skype him, he would always have his girlfriend along! All I wanted to have was a one-on-one conversation. I don't like having to always have to keep a conversation with her also." Y/n said very peeved off.

"Well, it sounds like Sean has really changed." M/n said.

"Yeah. All those freaking promises he kept saying are all lies! I bet you he had always been my friend just to keep me happy. He's such a trader. He's a little son of a-"

Y/n was cut off by her door creaking open. In walked a very depressed Sean with his head low. Both Mark and Y/n shot right up giving him death glares.

"How long have you been here?" Y/n asked coldly.

"Ever since your mom came up to give you guys your snacks." Sean said quietly like a lost puppy.

"You herd everything we said?" Y/n asked again coldly.

"Yeah. Every single word. Haven't missed one!" Sean said holding a finger up then dropping it down again.

"Aren't you supposed to be with your pretty toe shoes girlfriend?" Mark asked also very coldly.

"Well, she isn't that mean of a person. She's very pretty and a very wonderful person. Don't talk about her that way!" Sean said defending his girlfriend who wasn't even in the room.

Y/n's fists balled up but Mark grabbed her by the shoulders. Y/n calmed down a very tiny bit but her anger was taking over her body.

"Why are you here?" Y/n asked a small bit calmly but yet still very cold.

"Because I wanted to apologize about what happened earlier. I didn't mean to say that to you." Sean said.

"Don't believe him Y/n. Don't fall for him that easily." Her mom whispered.

"Mark, are you staying here then? Since apparently your not my friend right now. Sticking up to a girl you just met." Sean said pointing his hand towards Y/n.

"Don't you point at me McLoughlin! I got fists and I'm not afraid to use them." Y/n said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, like I'm afraid a girl is going to hit me! What am I supposed to do? Wait for a tiny winey baby hit?! Let me see, how do I prepare for that?" Sean asked being sarcastic every which way.

Y/n scrunched up her face and jumped down from the top of her bed. She ran right towards Sean with fists tight. When she got near, she swung straight to his face, leaving him to fall to the floor with a bloody nose. Y/n then proceeded to hit Sean by kicking him in the legs, back, and once where the sun don't shine. She got down on her knees and went for one last swing towards the eye. When she was swinging at Sean, he swung straight at her face, hitting her in the eye as well. Y/n was tempted to do more but Mark and her mom pulled her away.

"Y/n, calm down! Please, don't hurt him!" Her mom pleaded pulling Y/n away from him.

"Get out of this house McLoughlin before I break away from these people! Now!!" Y/n shouted.

Sean got up from the floor and ran right out of the house. When Y/n herd the front door close, both Mark and her mom let go of her. She fell to the ground onto her knees and covered her face, crying.

"I'm a monster." Y/n cried into her hands.

"No you're not. Everything will be fine Y/n. I can stay here if you want me to." Mark suggested holding onto Y/n tightly rocking her back and forth.

"Please Mark. I can only trust you right now. Will you please stay here with me?" Y/n asked.

"Of course. Anything for you. Even though we only met today, I'm glad to help you." Mark said.

"Well Mark, you may stay here but you'll have to sleep in the guest bedroom. Y/n will sleep in there with you if you want her to." Her mom said.

"Can I?" Y/n asked.

"Of course sweetheart. I trust Mark. He'll be just fine." Her mom said.

Then, her mom left, leaving Y/n and Mark alone in her bedroom. Y/n cried into Mark's chest as he held onto her tightly and rocked her.

"Relax Y/n, you'll be just fine." Mark said.

Y/n calmed down but eventually fell asleep in Mark's arms. Mark noticed that Y/n was asleep so he carried her into the guest room,(he knew because the door was open), and set Y/n down onto the bed. He closed the door and climbed into the bed with Y/n, wrapping his arms around her waist, leaving his head between the crook of her neck, eventually dozing off himself.