Chapter 12

That promise was eventually broken...

After the two weeks had passed, Sean had to go back to school. Y/n was lonely and didn't enjoy the idea that Sean only stayed for 4 days for the rest of the years had gone. Y/n eventually got over the thought that they would never be together.

To top that off, Y/n went to school and found a boy. His name was Deric and he had been very close friends to Y/n. What I mean by very close is that Y/n and Deric got together. They were a couple through out the whole school year.

Her mom didn't approve of it though. She kept bugging Y/n that she was better off with Sean.  Her mom kept warning her that Deric would cheat or hurt Y/n. Y/n didn't listen to her mother and kept her love to Deric.

Y/n was now 25. Y/n and Deric have been together for 4 years now. The first kiss was not set yet and they haven't had it. Y/n was still clean.

Y/n was going to Deric's house that night. She was a happy flower on a bright sunny day. She was walking along the sidewalk until she hit the doorstep of Deric's house.

Before Y/n could knock, she here moaning and groaning from inside. She peaked into the window to see that Deric was having 'it' with another girl. She gasped as ran away crying.

She didn't want to go home. Her mom was right. She was right all along. Deric did cheat on Y/n, he did hurt her.

Y/n ran straight for the park. She sat at the nearest bench as she watched the kids play in the playground. She watched them to remember her and Sean's childhood. That park was the park where they first met.

Y/n recalls that day like yesterday...

---

22 years ago...

Little Y/n was at the sand box. She was building a sand castle. Well, technically, a sand mess. She had sand all over her legs and her castle was just a pile.

When Y/n was making some touches, a pile of sand was poured onto her sand "castle". She looked up to see a young boy around her age at the tractor. He was picking up sand in the claw and dumping it on her "castle".

Y/n eyes started to get glossy. "You ruined my castle!!" She screams.

"That wasn't a castle. That was a pile of sand. It wasn't that pretty anyways." The little boy says.

A tear slips from Y/n's eye. The little boy sees as he walks over to her. He stands in front of her and looks at her sadly.

"I'm sorry I ruined your castle, pretty girl." He says sadly.

Y/n chuckles and what the little boy calls her. She likes it. Her papa always called her that when she was in fancy clothing.

"Thank you, pretty boy." Y/n chuckles.

"What's your name, pretty girl?" He asks.

"My name is Y/n." She replies.

"I like it. But, I like calling you pretty girl. My name is Sean." He says.

"Nice to meet you Sean. I like pretty boy better." Y/n chuckles.

---

Another tear slips from Y/n's eye. She looks away from the park to a tree in front of her. There, she had another flashback.

---

17 years ago...

"C'mon Y/n! Your not going to die! I promise!" 8 year old Sean said.

"I-I'm afraid. What if I do die." Y/n said.

Sean chuckled and rolled his eyes. His feet hanging off the branches of the tree. His arms at each side of him holding him up right.

"You'll be fine! I promise." Sean said.

"Okay. If you say so." Y/n said.

She starts to climb the tree. Y/n is forcing herself not to look down because of the hight she's climbing. After a few moments, she makes it. She cheers and sets herself down next to Sean.

"You are my best friend Y/n. Do you promise you'll never change that?" Sean asks.

"I promise Sean. We'll be friends until the very end." Y/n promised.

---

"The promises we made. We made lots of promises. Some of them...some of them are broken. Shattered, fallen into very small pieces of glass on the ground. Being trampled on by the people who walk over them not caring to pick them up and put the pieces back together." Y/n said as tear flow down her face.

Another image forms in her memory. A memory she'll never forget.

---

6 years ago...

"Do you really have to go Sean?" 19 year old Y/n asked.

"Y/n, school starts and I need to be back. I don't want to ditch like last time." Sean said.

"Why do you always have to leave me! It's not fair! It's not fair at all! I want more time!! That's all I need!! More time!! It doesn't seem like a repeating point for us. We finally see each other again then everything has to screw us again!" Y/n yelled tears in her eyes.

Sean stayed quiet as the noise was left to here was Y/n's weeps and sobs. Sean went to hold her but, he didn't. He left her there without an answer to be said to her.

"Why does faith want to screw on us?" Y/n asked herself weeping in her hands.

---

"Sean! I need you Sean! I love you! I want you back!" Y/n cried.

She collapsed on the ground. She curled into a ball and cried into her knees. The people walking past as dusk rushed past turning into the night sky.

"Sean, why aren't you here when I need you?"