Chapter 7

"Ah...but you see here Y/n, it is 67 degrees out. Why are you wearing a sweater?" Y/n's mom asks.

"Because, I am freezing. Yeah, I know I sound weird but it doesn't get that warm here in Ireland during the summer." Y/n says.

Her mom just shrugs and takes a sip of her lemonade. They look out into the beauty of her mom's garden and the pool. After all of that is a great big beautiful back yard. Along with four-wheelers, bike trails, and a small river coming along.

"How much did this cost you?" Y/n asks.

"Lots of money Y/n. That's why I want you to have the house when I'm gone. I don't want the house to be sold to another person, I want it handed down from people to people." Her mom says.

Y/n flashes a smile. If she had known her mom was this fancy years ago, she would've stayed in Dublin. All of her needs wouldn't be bad. All she had to do was stay. But, the force of her father made her move.

"Mom, why did you and dad split up? Why didn't you fight to keep me here?" Y/n asks.

Her mom takes a deep sigh. She sets her lemonade down on the table. She grabs both of Y/n's hands and looks her in the eyes.

"I didn't want you to leave. I did try my best to keep you here in Ireland. Your father abused me. He said if I kept you, he would be on my butt all day trying to find a great way to kidnap you or something that I can't remember. But, the reason why we did split up is because your dad starting drinking and coming home drunk. He was smoking also and I couldn't stand it. I wanted you to be a healthy girl. I wanted you to be a great and beautiful girl. And you are." Y/n's mom said smiling with happy tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry mom. I should've been there. I really did miss you. But, something told me that, that I missed Sean more. I have no idea why but it told me something. I want to see Sean. I want to. Texting is not working." Y/n complained.

Y/n's mom grinned and took her lemonade. She sat back in her chair while chuckling a small bit. Y/n raised a brow with confusion written all over her face.

"What!?" Y/n wondered.

"You have a crush on Sean." Her mom snickered.

"No I don't mom!! I miss him! I want to see him. I want to see his bright blue eyes. His brown hair. That boy who always is there for me..." Y/n trailed off smiling from ear to ear.

"Look, someone is day dreaming." Her mom snickered again.

"Mom! It's not my fault!" Y/n said blushing.

"My 19 year old daughter has a crush. How cute!" Her mom said.

Y/n slapped her mom's arm playfully. They both started laughing. Y/n's phone went off. She looked at it and it was a text from Sean.

Sean: Hey there gurl!

Y/n chuckled and replied.

Y/n: hey there Sean.

Sean: what's up?

Y/n: Nothing much. You?

Sean: getting out of school. I have a break for 2 weeks. Can I come over for that time?

"Mom!! Mom!! Can Sean come over for the two weeks he's off school?" Y/n asked.

"Doesn't he want to go to his parents house?" Y/n's mom asked.

"I dunno. Let me ask him." Y/n said.

Y/n: don't you want to go to your parents house?

Sean: no. I wanna see my best friend.

"He said no. So, can he?" Y/n pleaded.

"Yeah sure. But, he's taking the guest room across from yours." Y/n's mom said.

Y/n thanked her mom and hugged her. Y/n walked out of the balcony into the house. She started messaging her friend again.

Y/n: Yeah, you can come over.

Sean: cool! :D See ya in a few then!

Y/n: see ya in a few...

Y/n squealed and headed upstairs to get ready to see her friend again.