Chapter 29

Oh but things got worse...

Y/n had been cooped up in the hospital room for the past week. She didn't move from where she was, only to eat and use the bathroom, that was it. Nothing else.

Mark and Felix stopped in twice and they didn't like seeing their friend on the hospital bed that way as well. But, winter was rolling in so it was hard for them to visit.

Apparently, Felix was staying for all December so he could be there for his friend(s). Y/n thought that was generous but it didn't affect that Y/n were crying for the past week.

But the days just kept getting worse and worse.

Y/n sat in the room, as told, and was bored of looking at her phone or crying and praying for Sean. She had a text earlier that Felix and Mark were going to stop by so she waited.

Y/n watched some YouTube, texted her mom and friends, went on social media, anything to keep her busy for the waiting of Mark and Felix. But, they didn't come. Seconds became minutes, minutes became hours, hours became days.

A few days passed and they didn't come. She was worried but shrugged it off as she noticed the TV remote. She grabbed it and turned on the TV.

Scrolling threw shows, she came across the news were she saw Mark and Felix's face on the screen. Her eyes widened as she herd the news reporter.

"Two young men had died a few days ago from a horrible accident here on St. James run here in the streets of Dublin. 26 year old Felix Kjellberg and 26 year old Mark Fischbach have been hit, again, by a driver set to known as to be drunk during the incident...."

Y/n broke out crying, her head hurting with her stomach twisting in knots. She dropped to her knees and clutched her hair, pulling onto it as she screamed with tears flowing with all might. Doctors came rushing in and they noticed that Y/n was on the floor screaming and crying.

"No! That's not fair!! That is not fair at all!!!" Y/n hollered.

"Y/n, calm down. Everything is-"

"No! Nothing is alright! My friends are dead! My other friend is in a coma, right next to me!! Nothing is going right here!" Y/n hollered again.

"Ma'am, we need you to calm down." The nurse said calmly.

Y/n looked at the nurse with an anticipation to grab her by the neck. Tears were falling with all might as she looked at her with the most wicked face.

"You're joking, right!? You want me to calm down!? Look, look at the TV. My friends are DEAD!! There is nothing, not one possible way I could be calm right now!" Y/n said almost ripping the nurse apart.

"You know what, I'm just going to leave you here." The doctor said.

Then, they just walked out, closing the door behind them. Y/n got up and ran to the door, locking it. When she turned around, her back hit the door as she let her legs drag her to the ground. Pulling her knees to her chest and her arms crossing her knees, barring her face, crying with they TV on.

---

"I can't do this anymore." Y/n said standing outside the ceremony building.

"You have to sweetheart. It's for your own good." Her mom said.

"I can't. Mom, I have to be with Sean." Y/n said.

"Y/n, you have to be here. This is where you give a speech. Please, you're friends would be happy to see you right now. Just please, for them." Her mom said pleading.

Y/n took a deep sigh and looked back at the building. It was so depressing which made Y/n even more sad than what she was before.

"I'll do it. Not because I want to, because I know Mark and Felix would be happy." Y/n said.

"That's the spirit." Her mom said.

They entered the building. Everyone crying in grief with back surrounding everywhere, it was a complete mess. Y/n never thought that she would be already be in this kind of place. Where everyone cries and everyone says that they are sorry for their lost one.

Everything was a blur to Y/n. One second she was sitting and the next second it was time for her to give her speech.

Y/n got up from the chair, all eyes on her, and made her way to the coffins first. She leaned down and gave Mark and Felix both a kiss on their heads, after walking to the podium to give her speech.

"Hello, is this on?" Everyone nodded. "Okay, hello, my name is Y/n L/n. I have been great friends with Mark and Felix for the past year of my life. I didn't know them that much but they really were the light of my world. They were the ones that made me smile throughout the day. They knew how to cheer me up even though I was down in the dumps. Especially Felix. Felix was a man who knew how to make everyone happy. His jokes were a small bit over the top but it made everyone smile, even though it was more for adults. I really did have a fun time. Mark. Mark and I dated for most of the year this year. It was a seven month relationship. Even though it didn't work out in the end, I was so happy to be friends with him. I could've called him my brother. Yeah, he is my brother that I missed for many years. He is really such a sweet man. I really do love him, it, it is very tragic that someone I know is gone, both of them are gone at 26. They didn't deserve this. I know my other friend, Sean, who is also really, really great friends with Mark and Felix would've said the same thing. He is in the hospital now so it's hard but, we just have to deal with it. We only live on e, and, we just have to make the best of it. So, Mark, Felix, I love you so much, and, rest in peace. You will be missed."

---

At the reunion, Y/n sat at a table by herself holding a glass of sparkling grape juice. Her phone was going off as she checked it. It was a call from the hospital. She answered it.

"Hello....yes it is. Yeah, is he..what!? Y-yes, I'll be there."

Y/n hung up and got up from the table running towards the door. She was stopped by her mother before she officially ran out.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'm going to save a friend before he also dies." Y/n said.

She ripped open the doors of the building and started running with all her might in the cold rain the showered down. She took off her heels, leaving her to run barefoot, the whole way to the hospital.

••••

Now it's going to get better...