[three]

Jungkook opened his eyes and turned to look out the window. The sun wasn't up yet. The digital clock on his bedside table read 4:37am. After a restless night of not being able to fall sleep and constantly bursting into random fits of tears, he stretched his arms and stood up from his bed as he made his way to his bathroom to complete his morning rituals.

He finished brushing his teeth, washing his face and taking a nice warm shower (since he had the time). Jungkook then went to his closet to figure out his outfit for the day.

Halfway through putting a shirt on, he remembered the phone call from yesterday. He let a small smile form on his face as he remembered getting randomly sexted by a stranger with a really nice voice. It wasn't for long but it made Jungkook forget about his pain (even though it was because they jerked off together). Something about the other man's voice made him not want to hang up.

And weirdly, Jungkook didn't feel so alone because him.

He hadn't touched himself in a long time and it had also been so long since he and Taehyung made love. He had to admit, it felt amazing even if it was just a plain phone sex.

His smile faded away when he remembered his boyfrie- ex boyfriend. As their memories came flashing through Jungkook's mind yet again, his small sweet smile turned bitter and a tear fell from his chocolate brown eye. The memories were haunting Jungkook and his chest hurt even more everytime he remembered that they were no longer together.

"Why Taehyung?" Jungkook muttered under his breath, while he remembered the times when he and Taehyung were still happily together; the times when they showed the world how much they loved each other. The time when they showed each other how much they loved each other.

Maybe that's when we stopped having sex, when he found someone else, Jungkook thought. Was I not good enough in bed? Was I not good enough for him? Was I ever good enough for him? Insecurities started to flood his mind as more and more thoughts about why Taehyung left popped up.

But those thought were interrupted by his alarm that went off.

"Shi- suga," Jungkook avoided the swear as he flinched, the noise suddenly bringing him back to reality. He sighed. He wasn't that hungry this morning, so he picked up his leather bag and left the apartment. He locked the door then started walking to work. Jungkook decided to walk since it was still early, he wanted to feel the warmth of the sun on his porcelain skin.

Jungkook had almost reached his destination when his phone rang, disturbing the peacefulness of the morning, void of any thoughts about Taehyung.

"Jungkook!" shouted the man calling him.

"Namjoon hyung! Why did you call?" Jungkook asked. Namjoon had been one of his best friends since high school, keeping in contact through university and after. He looked to both sides of the busy street before crossing.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" Namjoon asked over the phone.

"Uh, no, actually. Why?" Jungkook asked Namjoon as he continued walking, almost reaching his company. He hadn't told Namjoon about the break up yet, after all it had only happened yesterday.

"Great, I was thinking we could go out tonight. Hoseok and Jin already agreed, so you're the only one left. Are you in? Or-"

Jungkook walked in to the building and entered the elevator.

"Yeah, sure. Count me in. When and where are we meeting?" Jungkook asked as waited for the elevator to arrive at his floor.

"We're going to the bar on 69th Street at 9:00PM tonight. We're gonna have some fun," Namjoon said in a playful tone.

Jungkook smiled as the elevator door opened. He walked onto the level and headed for his desk.

Jungkook chuckled. "Sure, I'll be there. I gotta go now hyung, I've got a pile of work to do." Jungkook said as he sat down on his swirling chair.

"Alright, bye," Namjoon ended the call. Jungkook sighed. He was still sad over what had happened, but he also couldn't afford to miss a day of work. He wanted to sob at the thought of his ex that he still loved, but there was no more tears left to cry. Work was just what he needed actually, a big distraction, something to focus on other than the fact that the love of his life had left him.

Jungkook was currently working for Bighit Entertainment as a song-writer and composer, because of his love for music. The apartment he lived in was filled with music scores and song lyrics scribbled onto paper. Music had been his passion for as long as he could remember, he even had plans to go abroad and continue his dreams as a musician.

"Alrighty, let's gets to work," Jungkook stretched his arms up and shook his head. He had a long day ahead of him.

~~~

<EDITED>

What does Namjoon mean by fun?? *wiggles eyebrows*
-🐙